Procurement & Operations Director
A leading incoming tour operator who creates custom made tours have a fantastic opportunity for a Procurement & Operations Director in the Edgware area.
The well-established company are looking for an experienced Procurement & Operations Director to be part of the Executive Committee to add value to their contracts and operations efforts. Working closely with the Sales Director you will manage an effective contracts, partnerships and operations set-up, as well as, keep abreast of trends and market conditions to provide strategic advice.
The purpose of the role
This role will act to enhance the company capacity to manage contracts and partnerships, as well as, the operations and delivery of quality tours. As part of the Executive Committee the role will provide leadership and clear strategic direction.
Driving Business Growth:
• Develop and implement a procurement strategic work plan in line with the company’s current overall strategy aiming to build and accelerate growth.
• Working with the Sales Director, streamline the processes between contracting, sales, business development and operation teams enabling them to work well to chase and follow up leads swiftly.
• Work with budget holders to review their budgets against purchasing costs and identify cost improvements. Strengthen the control of approved budgets, expenditures, product quality and ensure timely delivery through close monitoring, reviews of samples and customer opinions
• Contribute to cost savings for the company by working closely with management to pursue business opportunities.
Overseeing and Managing Contracts
• Oversee management of vendors, in partnership with budget holders, to ensure they perform to their best to support the negotiation and implementation of on-going contracts with suppliers and customers.
• Review contracts and make recommendations on commerciality.
• Interpret market trends and adapt to industry changes.
• Lead and report on supplier contracts and terms.
Overseeing and Managing Operations
• Take overall responsibility for operations margins ensuring that margins are in line with the budget.
• Ensure the operation team is on target with its forthcoming tours and groups.
Leading and Inspiring the Contracts and Operational teams
• Lead, inspire and motivate the contracting and operations teams as well as the collaboration with other teams.
• Ensure that staff member probationary periods and regular performance feedback through monthly meetings and staff appraisals is carried out effectively.
• Ensure effective recruitment into the contracting and operations teams.
• Enable and support the contracting team staff to write clear contracts making sure they are commercially viable.
• Enable and support the operations team staff to deliver quality services to their groups.
Leading and Growing the Company
• Play an active as part of the Executive Committee following through on the agreed deliverables.
• Set and deliver the company plan alongside other directors.
• Handle a variety of projects to support business growth with the support of the team.
• Excellent experience in as a procurement and contracting director, preferably in the travel industry
• Substantial experience of inspiring and motivating successful teams to achieve their business goals and targets
Skills and Knowledge:
• Strong skills and a natural ability to spot opportunities for revenue generation.
• Excellent leadership skills to inspire, lead and motivate the wider team.
• In-depth knowledge of the travel market would be an advantage.
• Strong organizational skills and, particularly, a keen eye for detail.
• Outstanding interpersonal and networking skills
• Excellent project management skills
• French & German language skills would be a distinct advantage
• Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with customers, partners, suppliers and staff.
• Ability to hold strategic direction with operational and day-to-day operational decisions
• Excellent time management sills
• Ability to coach direct reports and wider team members
• Computer literate and able to use customer relationship management databases, preferably with experience of Tour Plan.
The Salary is £50,000 plus.