Travel Customer Contact Centre Manager
Our Customer Contact Centre plays a vital important role in the conversion of sales and high levels of service delivery for our valued customers. The goal is to keep the department running in an efficient and profitable manner, to increase customer satisfaction, loyalty and retention and to exceed expectations.
This exciting position will play a pivotal role in managing the day to day running of an experienced reservations and after sales team and the service provided to our customers through the contact centre.
Key Result Areas (Specific measures are contained within KRA Document)
1. Ensuring all staff are constantly motivated and incentivised to achieve their quarterly and annual sales targets, supported with product and skills training.
2. Achievement customer service SLAs. Monitoring the daily, weekly and monthly calls. Call handling time and post call handling looking for efficiencies and developments
3. To engage as lead on projects as agreed with the Head of Customer Service and contribute to successful delivery and user adoption.
4. Promote an outstanding team culture that is characterised by stability in staffing, challenging and satisfying work, open communication and respected and inspiring leadership.
5. Promote the development and training of staff directly to ensure competence in relation to systems, processes and product knowledge.
6. Champion service quality to support the Delight the Customer Proposition ensuring that our customer transactions are undertaken with the 10/10 proposition as the goal.
• Manage the provision of customer service training and coaching to support the day to day operation of the business
• Manage staff productivity ensuring service delivery to meet the needs of the customers and business.
• Quality control of Customer Service levels through performance reviews and call monitoring in conjunction with Team Leaders.
• Manage telephone traffic distribution and response time to maximise our Grade of Service.
• Oversee Retail Customer sales and service
• Manage escalation process including from agents/pax wishing to speak with a Supervisor.
• Assist staff with day to day questions.
• Operating and developing the team and offering service delivery to meet the needs of the customers.
• Managing the daily operation of the team to ensure service delivery standards and targets are met and maintained in line with company defined objectives.
• Ensure all administration tasks for the team are managed and completed within agreed SLAs.
• Assess staff performance and ensure individual and team targets are met.
• Analysing performance, highlighting problems areas and identifying improvement actions.
• Liaise with operations department and on-road crew in respect of passenger queries/problems, amendments and manifest adjustments that cannot be handled by general staff.
• Ownership of customers issues and follow problems through to resolution working closely with Customer Relations and where necessary, deal with escalated customer complaints, maintaining a high level of customer service along with strong commercial awareness at all times
• Ensure workforce management is well planned and managed to meet call flows and other requirements of the business and in line with employment legislation.
• Manage amendments, refunds and rebooking of itineraries once all itineraries loaded in system.
• Responsible for ensuring problems in regards to issues such as pricing, product, marketing, etc
are followed up on as and when they occur.
• Understanding and complying with the regulatory, fair trading, privacy act and other relevant
• Ensuring security with particular emphasis on the protection of sensitive customer information.
• Any other duties required
• Facilitate staff recruitment, including interviews and final selections.
• Co-ordinate and supervise the daily functions of the Reservations Team and Ad Docs
• Undertaking regular one on one meetings, team meetings, training and counselling/coaching
sessions for all direct reports, conducting regular performance appraisals.
• Work with the Coach and Trainer team to ensure appropriate training and development for the
ongoing education and up-skilling of all staff.
• Ensure staff are motivated and engaged to achieve high productivity and reach team and
• Lead by example in all areas of the role
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
Understanding of CSC processes and interactions
Basic/Intermediate understanding of booking tools
Strong written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail, strong interpersonal skills and
ability to work within team and independently
Ability to objectively assess concepts
3 years experience in a similar role or within the travel industry
Degree or equivalent qualification in related discipline
Demonstrated ability to achieve goals within set timeframes
Effective negotiation and conflict resolution approach
▪ Proven Leadership Capability
▪ Confident in a target driven environment
▪ Advanced coaching skills and the ability to lead by example
▪ Exceptional customer service skills and experience managing in telephone sales environment
▪ A positive and enthusiastic approach and the willingness to be hands on
▪ Best practice approach to problem solving
▪ Experience planning and resourcing a seasonal business
▪ Strong written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail, strong interpersonal skills and
ability to work within team and independently
▪ Highly organised and ability to manage multiple tasks and/or projects concurrently
▪ The ability to set, meet and exceed targets
▪ Analytical and an ability to draw meaning from reports and data
▪ Embraces company culture and ethos
▪ 3 years experience in a similar role or within the travel industry