Reservations / Customer Success Manager – Full Time
blue o two are part of a global alliance of brands. With 15 owned and operated liveaboards within this alliance and a number of resort-based options also available, blue o two can offer spectacular diving experiences in some extraordinary destinations.
We are looking for a Reservations / Customer Success Manager to join the team. As Reservations / Customer Success Manager, you will lead the reservations team efficiently and effectively to implement strategies which ensure the business achieves its core aims and objectives. Your focus will be on successful customer management. The reservations department supports the customer journey both during and post sales. You will provide support for both the Reservations and Sales team to ensure blue o two clients receive the highest standard of customer service as part of their Blue O Two experience.
As Reservations (Customer Success) Manager you will lead the reservations team efficiently and effectively to implement strategies which ensure the business achieves its core aims and objectives. Your focus will be on successful customer management. The reservations department supports the customer journey both during and post sales. You will provide support for both the Reservations and Sales team to ensure blue o two clients receive the highest standard of customer service as part of their Blue O Two experience.
The Reservations Manager forms an integral role in mid-management and will take part in key decisions. You will be required to work flexibly, adjusting your hours, to service the business and the needs of your team. You will offer creative flare and produce work under pressure, meeting agreed budgets and timescales. You will work with other middle managers to deliver on the business objectives. You will deploy the resources available within the reservations team and draw on resources in other teams, as appropriate. You will have a good understanding of how to motivate team members as well as strong management and communication skills. You will be expected to work closely with your team members, wherever they are in the world, to create a highly productive, enjoyable and creative working environment. This will involve international travel. You will always lead by example and uphold the company vision and mission.
Customer Success / Reservations
- Oversee and continually review all operational procedures which support the customer journey during
- Be an ambassador for effective use of the booking and CRM systems; ensuring all team members use the systems as instructed; identify areas for development and implement changes to routines
- Identify opportunities for upselling product to customers – to include:
- Liaising with customers – to include:
- Customer metrics
- Flight management
- Customer complaints
- ATOL: Calculate and submit the company monthly ATOL returns to the Civil Aviation Authority
- Review the relevant sections of the strategic business plan; create a plan which defines how the reservations department will support sales and marketing to achieve the company objectives
- Lead by example, working as a supportive member of the Reservations team, wherever your staff are located
- Work with other middle managers to ensure operational efficiencies and to drive the strategy of the business, monitoring procedures for efficiency and effectiveness
- Work flexibly to ensure all team members are supported and challenged as appropriate
- Support the Sales Manager by taking ownership of their team, tasks and enquiries in their absence
- Set monthly targets and annual KPIs for your team, ensure they are monitored regularly (and addressed appropriately where team members are under-performing; this may include capability and disciplinary procedures)
- Run monthly 1:1s for your team where triumphs and challenges are identified and targets are reviewed
- Manage new Team Member Inductions and identify and provide further training, as necessary
- Work directly towards targets (both financial and non financial) set by the Directors
- Harvest and analyse data to produce regular reports summarising performance; make recommendations to senior managers as a result of the analysis
- Represent the business and portray it in a positive light
- Promote an attitude of success, having a positive influence on all employees
- Promote the company’s vision and mission at all times
Training & Reviewing Performance
- Provide comprehensive training and support for both the Reservations and Sales teams, as required
- Ensure the continued development of team knowledge through communicating changes to procedure in a clear and timely manner
- Be responsible for the recruitment, interviewing and training of future team members
- Be responsible for the performance reviews of your team
Reporting & Support
The role requires someone who can communicate effectively with and assist the management team to achieve company objectives. The Reservations Manager will also act as a single point of contact for the reservations department to the MD, most crucially during larger projects within the organisation. They will also be required to attend and present at internal meetings.
The Reservations Manager will be expected to prepare and organise regular updates for a variety of audiences. Meetings should be organised to ensure information is disseminated efficiently both within and across teams. They will also be required to communicate with team members from a variety of backgrounds and cultures. They will need have a good EQ and develop the tools required to ensure communication is as effective as possible.
The Reservations Manager will be responsible for many areas within the CRM. This includes the co-ordination of tasks, customer metrics and e-commerce functionality. They will be expected to assist all departments in developing their knowledge of the CRM for use as an effective business tool. They will also be responsible for ensuring their team makes effective use of the booking system, TMS Web. They will manage effective use of Amadeus and other flight applications. They will work with other managers to ensure effective use of technology for measuring and recording customer metrics. As the business becomes more e-commerced focused, they will take a lead with other managers to ensure each system works effectively across platforms.
To carry out any other necessary duties at the request of the Managing Director and / or Global Head of Sales and Marketing and other senior managers.
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- The ability to work with excellent levels of accuracy and pay close attention to detail
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- The ability to multitask
- The ability to delegate and motivate others
- Drive, motivation and initiative
- The ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Decision making skills
- Strong IT skills
- Analytical and data harvesting skills
- Previous experience within the Travel/diving Industry
- A creative approach
- Self-confidence to sell your ideas to managers, the marketing and sales teams
- A good attention to detail
- Be a qualified diver and/or have strong working knowledge of the global diving industry
Will be set annually, via the performance management cycle and will be according to KPIs of the business. Examples are: volume of revenue and yield generated from up-selling, upholding the company values, response times to customers, customer satisfaction levels, evidence of recommendations from reports being implemented, optimum flight purchasing.
To apply, please either email your CV, covering letter and application form to email@example.com or post it to Amy Mathis at the address below. For more information on the company and the position, please see our website www.blueotwo.com or call us on 01752 480808.
blue o two 6 Sandy Court, Ashleigh Way Langage Business Park Plympton Plymouth PL7 5JX, 01752 480808