Head of Business Development
Title: Head of Business Development
Department: Cruise – Oswald St Glasgow
Reports to: Cruise & Canada Business Development Director
Barrhead Travel requires a Head of & Business Development– Cruise to lead and oversee the development and growth of and to develop and maintain effective key partner relationships. This position will be responsible for all aspects of managing and motivating the Business
Development team. This position will also ensure business growth through directing and
Managing business development & marketing activities to ensure these are delivered in accordance with the organizational strategy.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Provide support to the Cruise & Canada Business Development Director to deliver the Business plan for Barrhead Travel.
- Develop, manage and motivate your team to deliver results in line with the company’s growth expectation.
- Develop, manage effective marketing campaigns with your team from initial brief to creative agency through to print and delivery into stores (where applicable) / end result (e.g. TV. Radio etc) within agreed timescale and budget
- Manage work closely with Business Development & Marketing team to advise of successful ROI per supplier.
- Work closely with the Product team to ensure you receive the required product information on time
- Ensure excellent quality and accuracy of all material produce
- Manage and negotiate with third party suppliers and agencies ensuring Barrhead Travel receives a high quality and cost effective service
- Review all current processes and provide efficiencies where applicable
- Develop positive working relationships with key stakeholders ensuring engagement and support for campaigns leads to campaign messages being communicated
- Be aware of latest news within the industry and competitor activity
- Be an active participant within the marketing leadership team.
Key skills and experience
- Have 3 years previous experience in a similar role preferably in a retail or a travel environment.
- Good project management skills with the ability to manage multiple different projects at the same time.
- Knowledge of business development and marketing
- Able to manage complex budgets effectively
- Able to make on the spot decisions and provide justification when applicable
- Able to work well with a wide range of people from different parts of the business
- Able to inspire others
- Hold an organised and methodical approach
- Verbal and written communication – excellent presentation skills and written communication skills with the ability to effectively relay key messages to stakeholders at all levels of the business
- Self-motivated – able to work on your own or as part of a team, staying focused and using your own initiative to make autonomous decisions
- Have good delegation, negotiation and creative skills
- Proven experience of managing and implementing effective marketing projects
- Ability to build positive working relationships with colleagues, stakeholders and suppliers
- Quality orientated – accomplish tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; accurately checking documentation.
- Managing Work – effectively prioritizes workload ensuring tasks and projects are completed efficiently and deadlines are met
- Commercial awareness – utilizes analytical skills to actively seek and measure ROI for all campaigns.
What we offer:
At Barrhead Travel, we don’t simply offer jobs. We offer careers, with real development and growth prospects. We’re rapidly expanding across the UK with over 70 retail outlets and even more planned for 2018, which means there’s huge opportunity for career progression. You’ll also be joining a family of brilliant colleagues; we love working hard but we play even harder. Take a look at some of the many benefits we offer our people:
- Competitive salary
- Generous staff discounts for your own holidays plus discounts available for family and friends
- 20 days of annual leave plus Bank Holidays
- Up to an additional week of annual leave for long service (well, you need time to enjoy those amazing holiday discounts, don’t you?)
- Pension scheme
- The chance to attend some unique industry and team building events throughout the year PLUS each year we host a company awards party to celebrate our fantastic teams and raise a glass (or two) to the coming year
- Charity is a huge part of life at Barrhead Travel and so all employees get one paid day per year to dedicate to voluntary work for a charity of their choice
This is an exciting opportunity to join an award-winning company.
To apply, submit your CV letting us know why you’re the perfect fit and let us know your career goals and ambitions.