Required for an award-winning, upmarket tour operator. You will be using your long haul travel knowledge to provide support to the front line sales team in creating tailor-made itineraries to a range of Worldwide destinations. You will be an experienced Travel Consultant, with a passion for long haul, luxury travel and sales. This role is with the UK's leading luxury travel company. Offering a basic salary up to £20k with on target earnings of £24k to £25k.
Travel Consultant Responsibilities:
- Build tailor-made itineraries according to customer requirements and support front line staff in confirming these enquiries.
- Be pro-active in using specialist long haul knowledge to support conversion of enquiries into sales.
- Respond in an efficient and timely manner to calls and emails from front line sales staff.
- Liaise with suppliers to obtain rates and as required for operational support.
- Ensure internal colleagues / product are notified of any issues arising preventing the opportunity to sell.
- Liaise with sales staff on operational changes relating to long haul products.
- Investigate and resolve issues resulting from product errors.
- Actively contribute to achieving sales and service targets.
Travel Consultant Skills:
- Proven experience in a sales role within a travel sales environment.
- Genuine interest in travel in particular long haul destinations.
- First hand long haul travelling experience.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Good knowledge of air contracts.
- Ability to manage workload and prioritise effectively.
Travel Consultant Additional Information:
- Basic salary up to £20k, (OTE £24k to £25k)
- 37 hour working week based on a flexi 7 day shift pattern (0900 to 1800)
- Educational Trips to Long haul destinations
Please apply for the position of Travel Consultant online.
Don't keep a good thing to yourself
We grow our business through referrals, so please don't keep us to yourself. If you think we're doing a good job and know of someone who would benefit from our services, please pass on their name and number to me and I promise we will follow it up. Many thanks.
C&M Travel Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all candidates. For more opportunities, please visit www.candm.co.uk