Senior Destination Manager - Travel
Senior Destination Manager
This specialist travel company have been in business for more than 60 years and offer an range of holidays, including cruises and escorted tours to an array of Worldwide destinations. This is an opportunity for an experienced Manager with relevant overseas & operational management expertise to join the Destination Services team as Senior Destination Manager.
Senior Destination Manager - Role & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the delivery of exceptional & differentiated service for customers across all destinations Worldwide.
- Overall management of all overseas staff (with the support of 2 Destination Managers).
- Delivery of the overall Worldwide overseas strategy.
- Accountable for the delivery of the entire 'in resort' operation and in ensuring the delivery of excellence with regards to customer service delivery.
- Promote and deliver excellent performance management to ensure targets are achieved.
- Oversee the recruitment and training of all operational employees and the development of existing team performance and progress.
- Effective delivery of sound risk management.
- Develop and maintain product and service quality standards through continuous review.
- Review & develop in resort commercial activity and ensure all opportunities are maximised,.
- Develop positive working relationships with all relevant business partners to overall ensure the best quality holiday experience to customers.
Senior Destination Manager- Skills & Experience Required:
- Current / previous experience management experience within tour operations, with specific overseas / operational expertise.
- A talented leader with the skills and qualities to lead a diverse team both in the UK and overseas.
- Stakeholder management experience with the ability to communicate complex ideas at all levels.
- Degree educated preferred or equivalent.
- HR / CIPD qualifications desirable.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience of managing risk across a multi functional team.
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines and to set clear objectives.
- Highly operationally focused and commercially astute.
Senior Destination Manager - Additional Information:
- Salary circa £40k based on experience plus benefits.
- Role is office based in Kent with some overseas travel required.
Please apply for the position of Senior Destination Manager online.
Don't keep a good thing to yourself
We grow our business through referrals, so please don't keep us to yourself. If you think we're doing a good job and know of someone who would benefit from our services, please pass on their name and number to me and I promise we will follow it up. Many thanks.
C&M Travel Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all candidates. For more opportunities, please visit www.candm.co.uk