IT Support / Helpdesk Engineer
Our client is a successful travel company that offers business travel, event management, sports tours, group travel and leisure holidays. Due to remarkable growth we are now seeking a bright and enthusiastic person who is quick learner and has customer service attitude. This will suit someone who has worked in a medium sized business previously approx. 150 users. Although this is a predominantly helpdesk role responsible for IT support to internal users, there will be involvement in various other IT projects that will be ongoing at any time.
This role offers progression, generous benefits and an exciting career in the travel industry.
- Being the first point of contact on the helpdesk providing 1stand 2nd line support for in-house applications, windows systems and various other IT systems
- Support to remote offices with some travel required occasionally to regional offices
- Escalating issues to 3rd parties/suppliers as and when required
- Liaising with various support teams when required
- Support the IT manager and team with larger projects which will require co-ordination with various members
- Assisting with the planning and maintaining of our IT strategy
- Following the companies established policies, standards, procedures and guidelines in delivering service to staff
- Developing tools and processes to automate tasks where applicable
- Maintaining full software and hardware asset registers
- Problem determination, escalation and ownership until resolution.
- Installation and support of hardware and operational support of applications.
- Supporting backup, archiving and recovery of data
- Experience with desktop and server environments with the following systems: Windows 10, 7, MS Office systems and various Windows Server versions
- Working with Antiviruses, malware detection and prevention
- Experience of active directory user management including group policies
- Exchange 2013 experience mainly administration and troubleshooting of mailboxes, connectivity, etc
- Understanding and troubleshooting of networking technologies and be able to troubleshoot Lan & Wan environments
- Demonstrated understanding of TCP/IP, DNS and other networking concepts
- Network patching & cabling
- Experience in Network Security and concepts
- Experience with Sql databases and web services such as IIS
- Basic understanding of VOIP concepts and experience in telephony Mitel/Avaya, preferably within a call centric type of environment and understands, hunt groups, call flows, home working, etc
- Excellent troubleshooting skills – desktops and servers mainly MS windows environment
To apply click APPLY NOW, any questions give us a call on 0208 393 9925 and our dedicated team can assist in locating the right opportunity for you.