Galileo Ticketing Executive
Galileo Ticketing Executive. Our multi award winning client has a fabulous opportunity for an experienced Galileo Ticketing Executive to join their Luxury Tour Operator in London. Our client is looking for a professional Ticketing Executive seeking an exciting new challenge with a highly successful, progressive and forward-thinking company that offers a great place to work with a fantastic vibrant culture. This Ticketing Executive role is a fabulous opportunity to join a rapidly growing company with real career potential.
Our client has recently introduced a new GDS and are therefore looking for an expert in Galileo GDS systems to assist their migration with a permanent position. We’re looking for a knowledgeable, passionate and enthusiastic agent to join our client’s dynamic ticketing team based here in the City of London. The successful candidate must be an expert with Galileo, have interaction with their sales team and therefore good verbal and written communication skills are essential.
Ticketing Executive Duties:
- Working within an established ticketing team, issuing CAT 35/25 fares, deal with re-issues, refunds, manage fares & airline contracts and distribution of CAT35/25 fares to specialist sales consultants
- Support Ticketing Manager with ADM’s, ACM’s and other BSP requirements
- Provide a help desk function to the Sales Team with sourcing flight routes and prices from contract rates, published airfares and third parties, ensuring competitive rates are achieved to maximise conversion
- Calculate costs for Flight upgrades, date changes, routings etc.
- Contact airlines to deal with lost ticket enquiries, schedule changes, fare queries, TODs and setting up PTAs
- Be involved in assisting specialist sales teams with complex fare itineraries and developing consultants’ knowledge on airfares
- Other general ticketing and operational duties include running reports on the bookings for the dispatch of tickets to clients
Now Let’s Talk About You:
- Experienced Galileo Ticketing Executive, who is used to working in a pro-active environment, confident in personality, delivering results and is able to meet ticketing deadlines
- Experience in issuing /CAT 35/25 fares, reissuing and automated MCOs
- Understanding of the airline industry, airline rules and regulations, airline partners
- Experienced in quality control check of all automated tickets to ensure any errors are identified and resolved, also experience in issuing and quality checking tickets according to agreed timeframes
The salary on offer is £27,000 - £30,000 per annum. This is certainly a fabulous opportunity for an ambitious and driven Ticketer who is looking for the next step on their career ladder.
Sounds Like You?
If so, we’d love to hear from you!
Important, Please Note: It is unlawful to employ a person in a UK-based role who does not have permission to live and work in the UK. You should make yourself aware of how immigration laws apply to your situation prior to applying.