Head of Projects – Ultra Luxury Travel
Head of Projects – Ultra Luxury Travel. Our client specialises in crafting the most creative expeditions, adventures and experiences on the planet. They like to consider that they lead the UHNW sector in terms of unrivalled creativity, complexity of logistics and delivering unforgettable experiences for their high value clients. They count amongst their clients some of the world’s most successful individuals, so they aim for exemplary levels of service and professionalism. The role encompasses managing all trip planning and delivery – with values from £75k to £3m to all regions of the world.
Reporting to the Director of Projects and Sales, the Head of Projects will have responsibility for the coordination and management of our client’s project planning and trip execution. As well as leading the team, the Head of Projects will also actively manage projects themselves.
Head of Projects Duties & Responsibilities:
- Management and allocation of resources within the Project team, to create multiple unique travel concepts to inspire UHNW clientele to travel with our client
- Oversee the creation of detailed itineraries by liaising with subject matter experts from around the world and ensuring that each detail is executed to the highest possible standards
Product & Content Creation
- Work with the projects team to build and create new and unique content with sales and booking framework to market to UHNW clientele
- Work with the marketing team to ensure that all trip concepts and detailed presentations are accurate and communicated to clients as effectively as possible, this will also cover newsletters and website content
- Attend trade shows and conduct general networking to sustain product knowledge and relationships on and individual level and throughout the team
- Conduct internal product and destination training sessions and arrange training sessions with external suppliers where appropriate
- Conduct regular liaison with Key Relationship Managers to ensure that trip planning and execution remain in line with the Client’s intent
- Oversee all logistical elements of trips including complex itineraries, contingencies and failsafe procedures, equipment sourcing, shipping; customs; immigration; transport; accommodation; transfers; staffing; supplies and ownership of all aspects of logistics and costing of trips
Trip & Project Finances
- Reporting to Director of Sales & Projects, ensure all budgets are accurately created within margin guidelines with all aspects covered
- Work with Operations Team to ensure all trip elements are delivered in a compliant and legal manner both in the UK and the local environment.
- Effective management of Project Managers and Project Associates. Ensure KPIs are in place for the Projects Team and they are effectively managed through regular one-to-ones
3rd Party Management
- Negotiate and build longstanding relationships with 3rd party suppliers and operators worldwide to enhance our client’s network
- Assist the BD team to develop relationships with Ambassadors and Partners where applicable
Now Let’s Talk About You:
- Be able to communicate ideas and concepts to clients and own team of project managers and project associates
- Be able to work as part of a team and also independently
- Be able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Be motivated to provide the best service for the clients
- Provide coaching, guidance and management to more junior colleagues
- Strong commercial awareness of the travel sector
Experience & Qualifications Required:
- Business related degree desirable
- 2+ years project management experience
- 5+ years’ experience of managing a team
There is an excellent salary package on offer! More importantly, our client is looking for someone who has the ability and desire to grow with this exciting ultra-luxury brand’s success story where opportunities are genuine and significant.
Sounds Like You?
If so, we’d love to hear from you!