Trainee Management Accountant
Job Description - Trainee Management Accountant
Location – Purfleet, Essex
Salary - £25,000
• Assist in the preparation of the monthly management accounts for subsidiaries of a group of trading companies.
• Prepare and post month end journals in relation to accruals and prepayments.
• Manage and reconcile balance sheet suspense accounts on a monthly basis. Reviewing and taking responsibility for any balances.
• Analyse and apportion revenue and costs across the business to ensure accurate reporting at a store and internal department level.
• Produce monthly company P&L’s, analyse trends and variances to both budget and last year. Provide support and commentary to budget holders in a business partnering role.
• Development good working relationships with the operations teams including store managers, area managers and regional controllers. Assist in their understanding of the monthly management accounts to support strategic decision making across the business.
• Analyse KPI’s on a weekly basis and provide commentary and analysis to drive profitability throughout the company.
• On a monthly basis, produce historic cash flow reports and three-month cash flow forecasts.
• Develop ad hoc analysis as requested and liaise with the IT department to ensure reports are relevant, correct and add value to the business decision making process.
• Produce the budget and forecasted P&L, cashflow and balance sheet in line with the budget timetable.
• Assist in the year end audit, producing schedules as requested.
• Ensure the accounts are produced accurately and according to a strict timetable. Develop a good all-round understanding of the processes and procedures behind the production of the management accounts to ensure continuous improvement.
• Any other ad-hoc requirements.
• Qualified or Part Qualified Accountant (AAT Qualified / Working towards ACCA)
• Travel (or Cruise) experience an advantage but not essential
• Ability to manage your own time and prioritise your workload
• Do it now, positive, can do attitude
• Confident personality and ability to communicate efficiently
• Excellent Excel and system skills
• Good report writing skills to board level
• Attention to detail
• Highly commercial and strategic
Remuneration - A basic salary of £25,000 per annum (Circa), commensurate with experience will be offered and reviewed annually every December, subject to a three-month probation period.
Probationary Period - There will be an initial probation period of three months. Once you have passed your probation a one month notice period will be required. Should either party wish to terminate the relationship within your probation, under 1 month’s service no notice period is required and 1 month up to successful completion of your probationary period a 1-week notice is required.
Working Hours - Standard office hours are Monday to Friday from 09.00 to 17.30hrs. However, on occasions busy periods (such as month end) some evening overtime work may be required.
Overtime Policy - During the week, any time worked in the morning or evening beyond the standard working hours, will not be paid. For weekend overtime, a day off in lieu will be provided for each full day worked. This must be claimed within 28 days otherwise this will be forfeited. This must be approved in advance by the Line Manager.
At the discretion of the Line Manager, ‘paid’ overtime may also be considered instead of the day/s off in lieu based on a pro-rata basis at the daily salary rate.
Holiday Entitlement - A minimum 22 days per annum, increasing to 28 days according to length of service, pro-rated accordingly plus bank holidays will apply. Holiday requests will need to be completed and submitted to the Line Manager via our online system. At least one month’s notice should be given, where possible, in order to arrange appropriate cover.
Other Benefits - A workplace pension scheme will be offered after three months continuous service.
• Free on-site car parking.
• Newly refurbished office.
• Discounts on selected travel services.
• Excellent Product training opportunities including the chance to cruise.
If you would like to apply for this job please forward your CV to Jordan at DCV Technologies quoting reference DCVJL0900
Apply for Trainee Management Accountant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly