Director of Marketing & Sales
Director of Marketing & Sales. We are working with a highly established and well-recognised tour operator who are looking to hire a Director of Marketing and Sales to join their high profile travel brand. This Senior position is suited to a candidate who has been responsible for leading Marketing strategies within successful tour operators. The Director of Marketing and Sales role is about evaluating, devising and executing a successful Marketing & Sales strategy and implementing the plans to support change along with continued growth and success in line with company objectives.
Marketing responsibilities will develop the brand’s strategy, ensuring it is correctly positioned both internally and externally through the website, advertising – online (70%) and offline (30%), PR, social media, digital services, exhibitions and events.
The position will be responsible for the overall Marketing and Sales delivery both on a personal and team level as well as formulating marketing direction and sales growth for the brand.
Director of Marketing and Sales Responsibilities:
- Design and implement online and offline marketing strategies - help build the brand further, develop content and events strategy, develop retention marketing plans and generate inbound leads at scale
- Lead and develop the marketing team - provide guidance and structure
- Use a data driven approach to test and refine strategy
- Manage account structure, campaign strategy, keyword research, ad copy testing, bid management, conversion tracking, performance against budget, insights and reporting
- Manage Social Media, Google Ads, Bing Ads, Facebook Ads and other paid networks and build relationships to promote new opportunities
- Strategic leader comfortable rolling up sleeves and being hands on
- Direct social media presence and programmes to improve social media reputation and recognition
- The Director of Marketing & Sales role is B2C lead, with a hint of B2B
- To adopt a disciplined approach to measuring ROI and sales performance through the use of Sales & CRM reports
- Champion a culture of outstanding service by identifying marketing opportunities and implement initiatives to improve customer retention & social media ratings
- Creation and implementation of processes which will drive improvements to sales productivity, efficiency and service, reviewing and challenging inefficient processes
- Formulation and execution of selling strategies
- Identify and grow future talent in line with the succession planning and talent review processes, appraisals/performance reviews etc
Now Let’s Talk About You:
A Senior Marketing Professional from a tour operator background, with experience of handling a 7 figure marketing budget, along with sound understanding of measuring ROI and sales performance prior to this opportunity.
- Proven experience and success of increasing engagement and conversion using digital and traditional marketing channels within a tour operator
- Expert at raising brand awareness, specialist in Google, Bing and Facebook Ads
- Accomplished managing PPC, paid search, paid social and display campaigns etc.
- Business planning and setting budget management experience is essential
- Strong demonstrable and quantifiable experience in increasing business social media presence
- Be a data driver marketer
- Self-motivated and experienced in "people and productivity"
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, good all-round business acumen
- Sound understanding of call flows to ensure reduction of cost per call and effective conversion
- Possess a solid understanding of KPIs, and demonstrate strategic capability and the desire to test new ways of working
- Highly analytical with excellent Excel, Google Sheets knowledge
- Marketing Manager & Marketing Team
- Sales / Reservations Manager
Salary & Benefits:
- Excellent salary package on offer where the basic salary is up to £81,500 per annum BOE
- Lucrative benefits you would expect from a Director role
- Opportunity to work with a market leading brand
Sounds Like You?
If so, we’d love to hear from you!