Business Development Manager
Business Development Manager. A rapidly expanding, award-winning and innovative travel organisation is seeking a commercially minded Business Development Manager to come on board and support their growth ambitions. Our client is an exciting business, with a track record of enviable success. The Business Development role will be responsible for managing a portfolio of existing accounts and developing new business, generating new business & leads, and promoting this exciting travel brand’s products & services. Their career enhancing role is best suited to an accomplished individual that has enjoyed success within a Sales & Account Management role, now looking for their next big opportunity.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Identify new business opportunities using the current database and own database of contacts to deliver team and individual targets and KPI’s
- Managing the company strategy and objections in line with company budgets and targets
- Promoting the business services to existing and new trade clients in the UK, USA Domestic and other markets
- Attend meetings, training sessions, webinars and perform follow up duties as required
- Provide market feedback at weekly sales meetings by researching market trends within portfolio of accounts
- Be involved with marketing activities
- Attendance at various overseas annual trade shows such as Florida Huddle, ITB, IPW, WTM and trade partner conferences both in the UK and overseas
- Participate in overseas Sales Missions supporting preferred partners
- Commercial proposals to generate business/ increase market share including overrides, marketing contributions & incentives
- Being the main point of contact to trade partners
- Growing the XML business and giving our client exposure into new markets which they haven’t currently explored
- Arranging various FAM trips for trade partners with the Orlando office/team
Now Let’s Talk About You:
- Previous sales & account management experience with a proven record in travel
- Self-motivated with excellent time management and prioritisation skills
- Proven history of hitting and exceeding targets
- Presentation and communication skills
- Advanced computer literacy with focus on Microsoft and PowerPoint
- Being enthusiastic, ambitious, confident and a team player
- The role will be expected to travel within the UK and overseas as required
- Flexible approach to working hours and travelling plus a willingness to support out of hours
- Strong relationship-building skills
- Applicants should be able to drive and hold a clean current driving licence
The Package, Benefits and Perks!
This company employs some of the nicest, brightest and most interesting people in the travel industry. Because they only employ the best, they are offering a highly competitive basic salary of £40,000 per annum, plus bonus + plus lucrative benefits covering Car Allowance, Company Pension, Medical Insurance, Life Assurance and more. Also not forgetting the travel perks you should expect working for a leading travel brand.
Sounds Like You?
If so, we’d love to hear from you!
Important, Please Note: It is unlawful to employ a person in a UK-based role who does not have permission to live and work in the UK. You should make yourself aware of how immigration laws apply to your situation prior to applying.