Marketing and Sales Director
Marketing and Sales Director. We are working with a highly established and well-recognised tour operator who are looking to hire a Marketing and Sales Director to join their high profile travel brand. This Senior position is suited to a candidate who has been responsible for leading Marketing and Sales strategies within a successful tour operator. The Marketing and Sales Director role is about evaluating, devising and executing a successful Marketing and Sales strategy and implementing the plans to support change along with continued growth and success in line with company objectives.
Marketing and Sales Director Responsibilities:
Lead your marketing team and develop the brand’s strategy, ensuring it is correctly positioned both internally and externally through the website, advertising – online (70%) and offline (30%), PR, social media, digital services, exhibitions and events. The role will also oversee the reservations department for their overall performance and strategic development.
- Strategic leader comfortable rolling up sleeves and being hands on to lead and develop marketing and reservations teams, providing sound guidance and structure
- Manage account structure, campaign strategy, keyword research, ad copy testing, bid management, conversion tracking, performance against budget, insights and reporting
- Manage Social Media, Google Ads, Bing Ads, Facebook Ads and other paid networks and build relationships to promote new opportunities
- Direct social media presence and programmes to improve social media reputation and recognition
- Use a data driven approach to test and refine strategy
- Marketing and Sales Director role is B2C lead, with a hint of B2B
- To adopt a disciplined approach to measuring ROI and sales performance through the use of Sales & CRM reports
- Champion a culture of outstanding service by identifying marketing opportunities and implement initiatives to improve customer retention & social media ratings
- Creation and implementation of processes within the reservations department which will drive improvements to sales productivity, efficiency and service, reviewing and challenging inefficient processes
- Formulation and execution of selling strategies
- Identify and grow future talent in line with the succession planning and talent review processes, appraisals/performance reviews etc.
Now Let’s Talk About You:
A Marketing and Sales professional from a tour operator background, with experience of handling a large marketing budget, along with sound understanding of measuring ROI and sales performance prior to this opportunity.
- Proven experience and success of increasing engagement and conversion using digital and traditional marketing channels within a tour operator
- Expert at raising brand awareness, specialist in Google, Bing and Facebook Ads
- Accomplished managing PPC, paid search, paid social and display campaigns etc.
- Strong demonstrable and quantifiable experience in increasing business social media presence
- Be a data driver marketer
- Self-motivated and experienced in "people and productivity"
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, good all-round business acumen
- Ability to create and implement operational process which will drive improvements to sales productivity, efficiency and service, reviewing and challenging inefficient processes
- Sound understanding of call flows to ensure reduction of cost per call and effective conversion
- Demonstrate strategic capability and the desire to test new ways of working
- Analytical with excellent Excel, Google Sheets knowledge
- Marketing Manager & Team
- Reservations Manager & Team
Salary & Benefits:
- Excellent salary package on offer where the basic salary is up to £81,500 per annum DOE
- Lucrative benefits you would expect from a Director role
- Opportunity to work with a market leading brand
Sounds Like You?
If so, we’d love to hear from you!
Important, Please Note: It is unlawful to employ a person in a UK-based role who does not have permission to live and work in the UK. You should make yourself aware of how immigration laws apply to your situation prior to applying.