Bilingual Graduate Opportunity - Junior Hotel Department Administrator
Bilingual Graduate Opportunity - Junior Hotel Department Administrator. We are looking for bright, ambitious and confident bilingual travel/non travel graduates who are looking to begin their travel career in London. With an excellent training programme facility in place, now is the perfect time to join this award winning Inbound Tour Operator in their Hotel Reservations and Contracting Department.
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone who is proactive and able to solve problems under pressure in a very dynamic work environment. You must also have the ability to communicate at all levels in a multi-cultural environment. Professional tourism qualification or work experience in the same area is desirable as well as the ability to negotiate and influence. Excellent communication skills - is a must.
Hotel Reservations & Contracting Department Tasks & responsibilities:
- Contacting travel suppliers according to the sales requirements either by e-mail, fax or telephone and chase for reply to already placed requests
- Dealing with amendments and cancellations, chasing for confirmations
- Archiving all the replies Booking System
- Dealing with inbound telephone, fax and email enquirers and liaising with Sales, Operations and Accounts departments
- Focusing in maintaining good relationships with existing suppliers
- Requesting VISA letter from booked hotels for upcoming confirmed groups. as well chasing for VISA letters from suppliers (in order to manage tight deadlines with booked appointment dates at the Embassies)
- Researching suppliers including the utilization of non-contracted suppliers wherever appropriate
- Updating Hotel department database
Now Let’s Talk About You:
- Bilingual candidate with an EU Language, Possessing strong communication, negotiation and client relationship management skills
- Good team player
- Stamina and persistence
- Ability to anticipate and solve problems - especially at the last minute
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Ability to organise and plan effectively and to prioritize tasks in order to manage multiple activities and meet deadlines
- A ‘can-do’ approach
- Develop short term action plans
- Negotiate conditions and create excellent relationships with hotels
- Create and maintain positive, professional working environments in all hotels
Full Training & Salary:
Based on experience the salary is up to £18,000 per annum plus benefits. Career progression will be available in short terms for the right candidates as full training is provided for this role.
Sounds Like You?
If so, we’d love to hear from you!
Important, Please Note: It is unlawful to employ a person in a UK-based role who does not have permission to live and work in the UK. You should make yourself aware of how immigration laws apply to your situation prior to applying.