Sports Tour Coordinator
At A Glance
Edwin Doran Sports Tours was launched as one of the first operators of its kind back in 1974, and quickly became the leading brand in sports travel around the world. Edwin Doran has taken more teams on tour than any other sports tour operator – over 11,000 at the last count. Our staff have the know-how gained over years in the business to set up fixtures between equally matched teams. We use our extensive contacts to arrange billeting in host countries, so players on our school sports tours can really engage with the local people and culture.
What You'll Be Doing
As a result of combining Edwin Doran Sports Tours which focus on Schools, and Gullivers Sports Travel with its focus on clubs and pro teams, we have seen growth in the UK and overseas touring market, and our team are expanding and we are in need of some new recruits to move us forwards.
We are looking for a well-travelled candidate who has a good knowledge of the sporting world. You will have an excellent eye for detail and be financially astute. Excellent time keeping, attention to detail, experience in admin and organisation are key for this role, A good knowledge of Geography would also be helpful – as would a good sense of humour!
The Role will involve supporting the Sales Managers with constructing life changing tours and packages for our customers many of which we have been working with for over 40 years!
- Creating sales proposals and exciting tour itineraries via our web based platform.
- Gathering costs from our online booking system to finalise tour package costs for the sales team.
- Acting as a link between the sales and operations team to ensure all sports tour proposals are accurate and workable, logistically and financially.
- Updating our CRM with accurate figures for monthly pipeline reporting.
- Researching and prospecting potential new touring destinations for a range of sports.
- Researching potential new clients and leads for the sales team and booking meetings.
What We're Looking For
- Have good geographical and sporting knowledge.
- Very good organisational skills, numeracy & an attention to detail.
- Will be a strong communicator.
- Excellent administration skills are essential together with a confident manner.
- The ability to work as part of a team.
- Outgoing lively personality with enthusiasm to succeed.
- Fluency with, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- IT literate with experience of MS Office.
- Demonstrate ability to welcome new products, marketing initiatives and a lateral thinking approach to sales.
- A knowledge of sports tour destinations and the school sports market is advantageous.
- Some experience in particularly the travel or sports industry advantageous.
- Sense of fun and ability to work in a small office team.
- Ideally well-travelled.
- Confident manner and a team player.
Perks and the fun stuff:
- Scope to travel on ‘inspection visits’ to increase knowledge of destinations we offer
- Childcare vouchers & cycle to work scheme
- Contributory Pension scheme
- 25 days holiday, which increases with length of service
- Flexible working