Marketing Manager required by a High-End Boutique Tour Operator. 30K-45K, dependent upon experience. The purpose of this hands-on role is to develop and execute the company's marketing plan to meet the objectives of the business plan.
Marketing Manager Responsibilities:
- Execute the company's marketing plan, to a high standard, on time and on budget.
- Ensure appropriate tools and systems are in place to generate and prove a return on marketing investment.
- Lead on brand consistency, quality and ongoing brand development.
- Idea generation across all areas of the marketing mix.
- Implement the relationship marketing strategy (prospects, clients, affiliates, amplifiers, partners etc.) to ensure
- prospect acquisition and client retention
- Review the marketing process according to agreed budgets and with appropriate monthly reporting
- Proactively liaise with trip planning and generate own content and big story ideas for PR and execute these with PR
- contacts as features, contributions or press trips
- Develop and nurture ongoing PR relationships, meeting with journalists in person
- Be first point of contact with our external direct marketing resource
- Liaise with trip planning to create content for direct marketing initiatives (prospects, clients, affiliates, amplifiers etc.)
- Review & implement database marketing strategy (by interest, seasonality, destination, partnership potential...)
- Develop and execute monthly social media calendar with content provided by trip planning team
- Monitor social media strategy and website analytics and adapt where relevant
- Develop and execute a website traffic, content and PPC strategy
- Work with external web and multimedia resources to keep our website engaging and relevant
- YouTube video production
- SEO, ADWORDS, retargeting
- Development of a membership site
- Design and implement a limited number of public & private events to connect with clients and their influencers
- Manage Copywriter/Marketing Assistant and external resources to write concepts, itineraries, marketing materials and
- content to answer journalist requests
- Review concepts, itineraries and marketing materials ensuring they are on-brief
- Personally edit and use external editors to review Copywriter/Marketing Assistant and external resource work
- Produce written content for public speaking events and presentations
- Liaise with external copywriting resources to produce copy for marketing materials
- Liaise with external or internal design resources to produce marketing materials, stationery, trade show materials etc.
- Monitor competitive activity and impact on proposition
- Ensure design and writing meets brand guidelines
Marketing Manager Skills and Experience Required:
- 3 -5 years of multidisciplinary marketing experience
- Experience of dealing with high and ultra-high net-worth individuals
- Client-side understanding of the marketing requirements of a niche luxury travel brand
- Understanding of analytics, SEO, PPC, CMS (Expression Engine) and best practice
- Entrepreneurial drive
- Constant creativity - an ability to generate ideas and inspire others to do so too
- Unconventional, conceptual thinker and problem solver
- Obsessive attention to detail and big picture thinking
- Someone who is hard working, who seeks excellence and continuous improvement
- An articulate individual with irreproachable written English and impeccable personal presentation
- A cultured reader, a thinker most likely with a liberal arts background
- Understanding our service and the features and benefits for our clients
- Computer skills, Word, Excel - and should know when to outsource skills
- Flexible enough to travel throughout UK and overseas to attend events
If you would like to apply for this Marketing Manager position please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Mark on 02073971272
Don't keep a good thing to yourself
We grow our business through referrals, so please don't keep us to yourself. If you think we're doing a good job and know of someone who would benefit from our services, please pass on their name and number to me and I promise we will follow it up. Many thanks.
C&M Travel Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all candidates. For more opportunities, please visit www.candm.co.uk