Commercial Analyst - Tour Operator
Commercial Analyst - Tour Operator West Sussex ££ Competitive
This is an exciting opportunity to work for this well known Touring Tour Operator.
Commercial Analyst - Background to role:
Reporting to the Senior Accommodation Product Manager within the Commercial team, you will own the performance of the companies UK Accommodation Site network, and be responsible for developing and enhancing the product proposition.
Commercial Analyst - Background to role:
Reporting directly to the Senior Accommodation Manager, the Commercial Analyst will be the lead within the Commercial Accommodation team in providing high quality analysis, insight, conclusions and recommendations to enhance the performance of the 200+ UK Sites network. Key tasks include applying numerical analysis and observational research to model business scenarios, and providing recommendations for all accommodation products in all commercial contexts: new product development, site development and acquisition, divestment, performance, competitors/market development, and customer buying behaviours. This highly important role also supports the budgeting process, and the Pricing and Revenue Management teams.
Commercial Analyst - Main Purpose of Job:
- The lead commercial analyst within the Commercial Accommodation team to provide high quality numerical and non-numerical analysis, insights and recommendations to support all commercial tasks and business cases.
- To provide accurate, insightful analysis, conclusions and recommendations to all tasks.
- To be the lead in creating and updating key performance documents
- To be the lead in identifying changing customer behaviours and forecasting future trends
- To support the Revenue Management and Pricing function.
Commercial Analyst - Key Tasks/Accountabilities:
- Analyse commercial opportunities in an effective, efficient and timely manner, utilising various data sources (numerical and non-numerical), leading to valuable insight and recommendation.
- Provide a systematic approach to delivering accurate and timely Management Information (MI) performance reporting to the appropriate level of detail.
- Identifying and agreeing the main drivers of performance (KPIs) and how they interact with each other.
- Model commercial scenarios using technical Excel/Google Sheet/Tableau skills to help build the most appropriate business case.
- Identify customer trends and buying behaviours and apply findings for future product and price developments.
- To be the commercial team lead in progressing the companies strategic projects in the context of site development, acquisition and divestment.
- Present findings in a cohesive, easy to understand manner.
- Build a central database of common reports and develop and maintain clearly constructed processes accessible to other stakeholders.
- Help build strong working relationships with stakeholders across the entire organisation.
Commercial Analyst - Essential Skills & Experience Required:
- Highly numerate and confident analysing and interpreting numerical data with excellent attention to detail.
- An understanding of standard financial and commercial terminology, calculations and performance drivers.
- Excellent technical analytical skills (google sheets, excel etc.) including experience working with, transforming and/or combining multiple data sets. Possesses strong intellectual integrity. Critical thinking and problem solving.
- Good communication skills, verbal, written and confident presenter.
- Self-motivated, proactive and able to think logically, objectively and creatively.
- Comfortable working under pressure and on multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Confidence to challenge and be challenged in a fast paced environment.
- Results driven with good time management, planning and organisational skills.
- Commitment and enthusiasm: must be highly productive and willing to 'go the extra mile' to do what it takes to get the job done (occasionally being required to put extra work in to achieve results).
- Team player able to work within a multidisciplinary team.
- +3-4 years of hands on experience as Commercial Analyst
Commercial Analyst - Technical Experience:
- Experienced with Microsoft Office and Google suite of applications
- Experience of working withTableau reporting tool, or similar Business Intelligence tools is highly beneficial.
- Advanced Excel/Google sheets skills will need to be demonstrated.
- Experienced in using and understanding Google Analytics. Experience in statistical analysis including propensity modelling and descriptive skills.
- Comfortable working with large data sets.
- Knowledge of marketing, finance, accounting, valuation and metrics development.
- Understanding of budgeting process would be beneficial
- Educated to an A-level or Degree level or equivalent
Don't keep a good thing to yourself
We grow our business through referrals, so please don't keep us to yourself. If you think we're doing a good job and know of someone who would benefit from our services, please pass on their name and number to me and I promise we will follow it up. Many thanks.
C&M Travel Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all candidates. For more opportunities, please visit www.candm.co.uk