Business Development Sales Manager
We are seeking an English, French & Spanish speaking Sales Manager to join our team in July 2019 - Based in Southampton or from home.
At Regent Seven Seas Cruises we believe travel is not a reason to compromise and with the world’s most luxurious fleet of four ships and some of the most intriguing itineraries across the globe, you will be joining the European Sales department for the leading luxury cruise line in the world. A successful global company with record growth over the last decade, (New York Stock Exchange listing: NCLH; part of the S&P 500), a talented and fun team and a generous compensation package.
As an employer, we offer all the support and development our employees need to grow their skills and expertise; we foster a culture of collaboration and contribution.
What we are looking for is a colleague with passion, drive and excellent presence to contribute to our team.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create a development plan, setting priorities and objectives for assigned Countries which include France, Spain, Russia, Israel, Middle East and Emerging Markets
- Working directly with assigned accounts making daily outbound sales calls and continually source for new revenue opportunities and methods to achieve sales goals by promoting the company and highlighting current programs, tools and promotions
- Promote company to Travel Agents and ensure they have the knowledge of company programmes and opportunities. They understand where the tools are and how to use them and fully appraised of our ongoing promotions and how to sell them.
- Ability to identify sales leads, pitch services to new clients and maintain a good working relationship with new contacts. Dm mailings, website presence, EDM’s, staff incentives, training, events etc.
- Developing new opportunities, either from within existing accounts or by proactively targeting brand new potential accounts and then working close to them.
- Communicating new product developments to prospective clients.
- Intensify business activities and promotions to maximise revenue opportunities within assigned accounts
- Promote company to accounts by ensuring travel partners are educated with current company programs, initiatives, tools and promotions in order to maximise business opportunities
- Participate in the growth of travel agency revenues by providing customised marketing collateral and communications to achieve and maximise sales objectives (i.e. mailchimps and webinars)
- Formulating monthly sales activity in line with sales focus / campaigns
- Represent RSSC at trade and consumer exhibitions, cruise shows and evenings. This will involve working evening and weekends and travelling throughout the territory
- Manage a budget by account and by accounting period using the company budget management system including Sales Force
- Remain current on corporate information, policies, procedures, sales and marketing programs, corporate communications and related materials. Follow corporate policies and procedures
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in account management
- Good phone etiquette and excellent presence to maximise sales opportunities.
- Intermediate level knowledge of Microsoft Office including Power Point
- Ability to build good business relationships through and not limited to product knowledge, services, procedures, consistent follow-through and problem-solving skills
- Ability to adapt to a quickly changing sales environment; ability to shift priorities per business requirements
- Interpersonal skills to work effectively in a team based environment
- Methodical and very organised.
- Customer-centric attitude to help maintain business relationships and drive results
- A good strong strategic and lateral thinker who is able to identify and exploit business opportunities at an early stage
- A background in developing and implementing sales and marketing plans
- Enthusiastic and passionate with a “can do” attitude
- Hard working, driven individual with ability to work on own initiative to tight deadlines
- Good analytical skills and a strong attention to detail is required with regular reviews of performance against plan
- Commercial skills
- Flexible in working hours
- Team player
- Ability and willingness to travel within territory regularly
- Language skills: English, French and Spanish required.