Head of Development - IT & Projects
Head of Development - IT & Projects. Multi Award Winning Tour Operator based in central London, with over 35 years of experience and £100m turnover are looking for a technical and innovative Head of Development – IT & Projects who can help drive the business to the next level.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the delivery of all projects allocated by the Board of Directors and senior stakeholders. In addition, the Head of Development will be responsible for supporting and training the IT department as deemed necessary and will contribute to the overall development of IT capability. The successful candidate must ensure that allocated projects are delivered on time within budget and with the highest quality standards met. The Head of Development will also ensure that all systems/developments are maintained in an efficient and accurate manner.
As the Head of Development, you will be responsible for ensuring that all critical business systems are in place and that they are operating effectively in order to help drive the business forward. As a member of our client’s Leadership Team you will contribute to the overall development of the business capability and enablement of the growth strategy. You'll be continuing a programme of investment into upgrading the business systems. The Systems Development team consists of multiple of locations across Europe.
Role & Responsibilities for Head of Development – IT & Projects:
- Delivery of all IT allocated Projects working with our in-house teams along with outsourced developers
- Liaising with Senior Stakeholders
- Project Plan
- Project scoping and requirements documentation
- Development Budgets
- Communication plans
- All required project reporting
- Capability Management. To lead and motivate the outsourced developers to ensure that communication, performance and quality standards are met throughout the Systems Development lifecycle
- Benchmark Performance. Ensure that the best solutions are delivered by exploiting current industry best practice and benchmarking services to ensure the most cost effective delivery
- Systems Solution Design. Ensure that proposals, designs and delivery of innovative development solutions meet our client’s customer/business needs and perform reliably in the live environment
- Application Maintenance. Ensure that the required levels of application support are met in order to enable solutions and for our client’s business to operate effectively and meet their customer needs
- Supplier Management. Ensure that relationships between 3rd party suppliers of IT systems, components, consultancy and IT technologies are managed and controlled in order to enable delivery to agreed specifications and budget
- Planning and Governance. Ensure that Solution Deliveries are prepared, monitored and maintained with plans and budgets. Take action to deal with any variances and ensure that the requirements of the business are met
- Information Security. Ensure the company and client information remains protected Ensure that all applicable Information Security policies and procedures are followed and report any suspected security weaknesses to be addressed
Skills & Experience:
- Educated to degree standard and/or membership of appropriate professional bodies Broad experience of leading the development of IT architectures
- Strong analytical, project management skills and insight is essential
- A creative and innovative approach, particularly to problem solving, is key
- Extensive technical development experience, a hands-on individual used to delivering cutting edge solutions to SMEs
- Practical knowledge of software development
- Commercial experience of managing & motivating a high performing technical team
- Strong written and verbal communication including the ability to present suggestions, recommendations and results with knowledge and confidence
- Consistently delivers results
- Talent building skills
- Effective decision making skills
- Strong Business Acumen
- Engaging all employees in order to implement the vision
- Values Driven
- Experience of managing multi-disciplined teams
- Practical experience of agile development methodologies
- Practical experience of leading through change
The basic salary is £60,000 per annum, negotiable, plus a performance lead bonus and benefits you would expect from a long established travel organisation, including travel industry perks on worldwide travel, holidays and flights.
Sounds Like You?
If so, we’d love to hear from you!
Important, Please Note: It is unlawful to employ a person in a UK-based role who does not have permission to live and work in the UK. You should make yourself aware of how immigration laws apply to your situation prior to applying.
Apply for Head of Development - IT & Projects
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly