Adventure Project Manager
Adventure Project Manager. Our Ultra Luxury Adventure client is going through an exciting period of growth, offering an incredible opportunity to the right person. The role encompasses managing trip planning and delivery, with values from £75k to over £3m in all regions of the world. Located in London, they specialise in crafting the most creative, bespoke adventures and experiences on the planet.
They like to consider that they lead the sector in terms of unrivalled creativity, the complexity of logistics and delivering unforgettable experiences for their clients. This luxury Adventure company count amongst their clients some of the world’s most successful UHNW individuals, so they aim for exemplary levels of service and professionalism.
- A fascinating and challenging role planning totally unique adventures from the ground up in some of the most exciting parts of the world.
- An ideal position for an individual with a passion for adventure and travel looking for an opportunity to demonstrate worldly knowledge, flexibility, proactiveness and truly outside-the-box thinking
Adventure Project Manager Responsibilities:
- Expedition planning: working with the whole project team to create uniquely tailored concepts for clients to choose from. Make those ideas a reality by liaising with subject matter experts from around the world and ensuring that each detail is executed to the highest possible standards
- Logistical responsibilities: oversee all logistical elements of trips. Includes complex itineraries, contingencies and failsafe procedures, equipment sourcing and ownership of all aspects of logistics and costing of trips. Ensure all resources are acquired in a timely and cost-effective manner. Manage all communications, safety procedures, permits, travel requirements and insurances are in place
- Trip and project finances: in conjunction with the Head of Projects, oversee all trip costing to ensure all aspects are covered including appropriate financial buffers and contingencies in a clear and understandable format. Financial ownership for ensuring funds are received and processed in a timely manner and overseeing all payments to suppliers, consultants and relevant third parties
- Team management: assist the Head of Projects in the effective management of project associates. Report to Head of Projects, working alongside other Project Managers to allocate project workload
- Client and 3rd party management: liaise with clients to ensure direction and detail of expeditions are correct and build longstanding relationships with 3rd party suppliers and other travel operators worldwide.
- Naturally logical individual with strong grasp of business and trip operational requirements
- Strong problem solving capabilities – fast-thinking and solutions focussed
- Ability to work autonomously and within team environments, while providing regular update to managers on areas of responsibility
- Excellent planning and time management, with exceptional attention to detail
- Strong numerical skills to take responsibility for creating, tracking and overseeing all financial aspects of individual projects
- Personable in creating relationships with suppliers and clients and as part of a positive office environment.
- Positive attitude and thriving under pressure with a determination to deliver in a timely and professional manner.
- At least 3 years’ experience of project management
- Experience in logistics, equipment and expedition administration
- Previous responsibility for managing expenditure and 3rd party relationships
- Degree level
Salary & Benefits:
- Up to £35,000 per annum
- Plus performance related bonus
- Comprehensive company benefits worth £1,000 per year
- And an opportunity to work with a best of breed company, in a team that is passionate about organising the most creative holidays and experiences on the planet
Sounds Like You?
If so, we’d love to hear from you!
Important, Please Note: It is unlawful to employ a person in a UK-based role who does not have permission to live and work in the UK. You should make yourself aware of how immigration laws apply to your situation prior to applying.