Account Manager - 9 month FTC
Field sales contract position in the South of England that can give your travel career great exposure.
Our client strongly believes their staff are their biggest asset and are proud to have built a work force of motivated, accomplished and capable individuals. Our client is dedicated in continually develop staff and sustain the positive team spirit. Keeping the ‘small company’ atmosphere and spirit as they grow is challenging, but is something they are very successful at doing. With customer service as their number one priority, they only bring on board team players, who share their passion for the highest levels of service.
As Account Manager, your key responsibilities will be:
- managing an existing portfolio of key leisure accounts in the South of England. These key accounts will be independently owned travel agents or those part of a consortia, to which you will visit through creating effective call plans
- working on the road the successful candidate will be the face of the business at branch level as well as attending trade events and conferences
- using your excellent account management and communication skills you will establish a strong rapport with these key accounts being their point of contact for any questions they may have on product. In addition to this, through branch visits you will identify any training requirements.
The key accounts are an established portfolio, but in this travel job you will also be looking for new business opportunities either through existing channels or identifying new ones. Competitor awareness, is another key factor for this leisure sales travel job, as you’ll be on the frontline, information on competitor activity will need to be communicated to the business in an effective and timely manner so that necessary actions can be taken.
Candidates may be working in a similar role for an airline, in a tour operating job, or in an online travel agent or even working for a bed bank/accommodation only provider. Field sales experience is an essential part of this senior travel job, you must be well connected with the travel agency network. Candidates must have a full clean driving license and have access to their own car and currently be in a travel job.
Do I tick the boxes:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working in a similar role
- Strong communication skills
- Able to quickly establish strong working relationships
- Commercial acumen
- Strong presentation skills
**This is a 9 month contract and will suit candidates living to the west of London and or the Southeast.**
Please Note: Due to high volumes of applications, only successful applicants will be contacted.