Dog-Loving UK New Product Manager - Travel
Job Title: Dog-Loving UK New Product Manager - Travel
Hours: Full-time, Monday - Friday
Reporting to: Chief Product Officer
Salary: OTE £35K (Salary + bonus)
Location: Warehouse offices in Shoreditch, London EC2
Rapidly growing PetsPyjamas is the number 1 for dog-friendly travel in the UK championing the trend for dog-friendly travel. Launched by the founders of toptable.com, who are themselves passionate dog owners, PetsPyjamas books trips for people and their dogs to over 2000 dog-welcoming hotels, cottages and B&Bs, mainly in the UK but with international aspirations. Our unique Pet Concierge Team provide a personalised experience to our ever increasing pack of dog-loving travellers and our mission is to encourage every property to provide as warm a welcome to our four legged friends as they do to us!
Our dog-friendly HQ is a converted warehouse in the heart of Old Street, housing a vibrant entrepreneurial team who are dedicated to driving the brand forward. With a growing workforce of 35+ we are at a pivotal breakthrough moment for the business, with huge expansion and growth plans for 2019 and beyond. Being part of the PetsPyjamas pack offers the opportunity for enriched personal development, rapid career progression, all whilst working in an exciting, engaged and energetic environment - with the added bonus of your four legged friend working by your side.
We are currently on the lookout for a talented, proactive and forward thinking individual to join the Properties and New Business team. You will be responsible for growing our extensive and varied portfolio of dog-friendly properties.
- Identifying and approaching new property partners that complement our brand and meet our customers desires & expectations
- Effective pipeline management ensuring we are constantly acquiring properties to support our rapid company growth
- Contracting new properties on the strongest commercial terms, commission levels and negotiating additional advantages such as exclusivity, and inventory availability. Whilst ensuring product quality and diversity
- Regular reviewing/researching competitor activity to ensure we have the most attractive and competitive offering to our customers competitive product
- Being in the know when it comes to all new hotel openings
- Regular reporting to your line manager and other stakeholders in the business
- Provide engaging product briefing and product training for the sales team on new properties/destinations which positively influence the portfolio’s performance
Experience and skills required:
- Previous experience in a similar role, preferably within the UK/luxury travel market with a focus on hotel-contracting
- Preferably have an established industry contact list, ideally with boutique/luxury properties
- Understanding of hotel distribution, rates and inventory management
- Experience in senior-level negotiation
- Must be analytical and data driven, with strong commercial insight and attention to detail
- Outstanding interpersonal skills both face to face and via telephone
- Taking ownership in driving results and a strong desire to exceed targets
- Prioritising a busy workload, using initiative and effective time management/self motivation
The PetsPyjamas Pack:
Being part of the PetsPyjamas Pack is being part of an energised and enthusiastic team! It’s being flexible in your proactive approach, being able to work collaboratively whilst thriving on independence. You’ll need to be agile, open to change, hands-on and ultimately love our brand (and dogs!).
• The chance to bring your dog to work!
• Weekly fresh fruit deliveries.
• Cool and trendy workspace, great Shoreditch location!
• Prosecco Fridays!
• Regular socials from crazy golf to rooftop bars!
• Tight knit team of like minded individuals!
• The chance to truly make your mark with a fast growing and unique company!
Regular and diverse wellness sessions such as yoga, mindfulness & meditation
If you could be the paw-fect fit for our team then send across your cv alongside a snappy statement by clicking "Apply"
Apply for Dog-Loving UK New Product Manager - Travel
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly