Business Development Manager Field Sales
Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd is a leading global cruise company which operates the Norwegian Cruise Line, Oceania Cruises and Regent Seven Seas Cruises brands.
Our people are truly what make us stand out from the crowd! The success of our company is simply down to its hard working and passionate team members.
Norwegian Cruise Line is the innovator in cruise travel with a 50 + year history of breaking the boundaries of traditional cruising. Today, Norwegian invites guests to enjoy a relaxed, resort style cruise vacation on some of the newest and most contemporary ships at sea.
SOUTH OF ENGLAND BASED BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
We have an exciting opportunity in the NCL Business Development department for the post “Business Development Manager”, based in South Central England:
- Maximise existing Travel agent partner business in the region using sales skills & effective account management as a key business development manager
- Initiate, develop & grow new business opportunities within the dedicated markets for all brands and products.
- Promote the company to accounts ensuring the travel partners are educated with current company programs, initiatives, tools and promotions. Participate in the growth of account partner revenues by providing marketing collateral and communications to achieve and maximize sales
- Within corporate guidelines, help create a positive perception of the company to travel partners by providing excellent service, education, consistent communication and face to face support.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Management of business partners within assigned accounts, by clear and effective communication, to raise Norwegian Cruise Line profile and drive and develop business
- Responsible for achieving targets by the creation of clear account development plans to include marketing and sales activity
- Formulating monthly sales activities with your portfolio of partners
- Complete accountability for sales revenue generation from your nominated accounts and responsible for developing the marketing budget in regard to promotional activities and campaigns etc.
- Working within agreed budgets to build brand awareness
- Conduct effective relationship building through clear and constant communication both internally and externally
- Reporting of business activities within agreed time frames and systems (CRM)
- Managing commercial agreements by maintaining accurate and up to date sales figures
- Distribution of company products (both forward and tactical) via trade partners to complement corporate marketing activity and campaigns.
- Implement creative sales promotion activities
- Represent Norwegian Cruise Line at trade and consumer exhibitions, cruise shows and evening. This may involve working evening and weekends.
- Preferably University Degree in Economics or comparable level of education
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in dealing with either travel agents or tour operators in a sales/commercial capacity in a field based role
- Sales-oriented individual with a proven track-record in business development within a similar environment
- Excellent understanding of account management skills and able to negotiate at the most senior level
- A background in developing and implementing sales and marketing plans
- Basic level knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite to include intermediate level skills with Outlook and Word. Intermediate level knowledge of PowerPoint for familiarity with marketing templates and sales presentation. Knowledge of or ability to learn Freestyle Connect and e-commence channels.
- Experience of contract negotiation would be an advantage
- Hard working, driven individual with ability to work on own initiative to tight deadlines
- Ability to build strong relationships across internal and external businesses
- Flexible in working hours
Please apply with your CV, Salary Expectations and Cover Letter. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 14 days of their applications being received.