European VP Commercial
European VP Commercial - Home Based - Cruise Sector. A fantastic opportunity to join an international cruise operator, responsible for driving international sales through the effective management of remote teams across Europe. This role will be home based from anywhere in the UK, France or Germany with international travel as required. We are seeking someone with senior level experience in the cruise sector and both German & English language skills.
European VP Commercial Responsibilities
Reporting to the Chief Commercial Officer, you will be responsible for leading a team of around 9 across the UK, France, Germany, Spain and Italy. You will be responsible for overseeing and driving distribution of the product through trade partners such as cruise agents, OTA's, tour operators and consortia.You will ensure maximum revenues and occupancy are yielded from the fixed fleet of ships, ensure commercial agreements are competitively negotiated and represent the company at industry events to raise awareness of the product.
European VP Commercial Skills Required
- Excellent knowledge and experience of international travel distribution, particularly in Germany, France and UK (other European markets also an advantage)
- Experience operating at a strategic level within the travel industry but also happy rolling your sleeves up to drive the product to market.
- Experience in the cruise sector and knowledge of how cruise products are distributed
- Track record of leading similar size or bigger teams across multiple sites/countries
- Existing relationships and contacts across the international travel sector
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skill
- Flexible to travel internationally
- English and German language skills
European VP Commercial Package
A highly competitive package on offer to be negotiated and agreed in line with experience.
This is a permanent, full-time role, however as the cruise company do not have a business entity in the markets it will be responsible for, for tax purposes they are looking for someone who is happy to work on a self-employed/consultancy basis. A full employment contract will still be given.
Don't keep a good thing to yourself
We grow our business through referrals, so please don't keep us to yourself. If you think we're doing a good job and know of someone who would benefit from our services, please pass on their name and number to me and I promise we will follow it up. Many thanks.
C&M Executive Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all candidates. For more opportunities, please visit http://www.candmexecutive.co.uk/