Business Travel Consultant
Business Travel Consultant. Our client is part of an International USA Travel Group that is going through an exciting period of acquisitions, growth and re-positioning within the UK travel marketplace. The Business Travel Consultant role will see you join one of their outstanding brands based in north London.
As leaders in the field, our client offer innovative solutions to the most demanding travel requirements. With vast corporate experience, they have built up strategic relationships and alliances with all major airlines, which enables them to secure preferential air fares and huge discounts for their corporate travellers / accounts.
Overall Purpose of Job:
- To service client travel requests, accurately, efficiently and within agreed deadlines
- To ensure your training needs are identified and met, in order for your own self-development to be achieved in line with business needs
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Answer telephone in polite, timely and efficient manner
- Service client travel requests ensuring best value for client adhering to company policy in a timely manner, offering expert advice in all aspects of business travel and our client’s services
- Quality control own work within agreed time scales, to ensure work is accurate for management information and immediate action from the accounts department
- Attend client and supplier functions when and if required, to develop and maintain good relationships
- To ensure your own personal training and development is achieved by:
- Assisting in identifying your training needs with your Line Manager
- Attend agreed training courses
- Ensure the training evaluation process is efficiently and correctly followed
- Give feedback to your Line Manager, to benefit other staff members
Knowledge, Experience & Skills Required:
- Minimum 3 years business travel experience
- GDS skills including strong fares & ticketing knowledge (published and net fares)
- All round travel products knowledge
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to work to deadlines and priorities workload in a busy and demanding environment
- Exceptional communication & customer service skills
- A good command of the English language (verbal and written)
- Ability to work as a team member and communicate with management
- A positive and proactive attitude
- A good understanding of Company Policy and procedures
- Flexible approach, enthusiastic and sense of humor
Here is an opportunity to earn an excellent package where the basic salary is £30,000 - £32,000 per annum, plus generous commission, including benefits and travel educationals. The working hours are 9am-5.30pm, Monday to Friday!
Sounds Like You?
If so, we’d love to hear from you!
Important, Please Note: It is unlawful to employ a person in a UK-based role who does not have permission to live and work in the UK. You should make yourself aware of how immigration laws apply to your situation prior to applying.