Guest Service Team Leader
Come onboard! Join Viking Cruises successful UK team.
Viking Cruises offers both river cruises and ocean cruises through two product lines, Viking River Cruises and Viking Ocean Cruises. We are the world’s largest river cruise line, and currently offer cruises along the rivers of Europe, Russia, China and Southeast Asia.
The company’s award-winning Ocean ships are engineered at a size that allows direct access into most ports, so guests have easy and efficient embarkation and disembarkation. Our Ocean product launched in 2015 and will grow to 6 ships in 2019 with the launch of Viking Jupiter.
Whether on river or ocean cruises, Viking Cruises offers itineraries that are destination focused and carefully crafted with a mix of cosmopolitan and smaller ports of interest. It has been a winning formula, which has led to Viking Cruises receiving many consumer and trade awards.
We currently have vacancies based in our office on Wimbledon Parkside.
Our Guest Service department is the team with the know how! Their abundance of knowledge of everything Viking makes them the people to call when you need a helping hand. This positive team thrives on working under pressure and solving problems. They deal with all situations in a professional and calm manner.
As a Guest Service Team Leader you will:
- Be responsible for responding to all pre and post cruise enquiries and correspondence from guests
- Managing the response to all pre and post cruise enquiries and correspondence from guests
- Manage daily, weekly and monthly reports on team progress in responding to customer complaints
- Support the Guest Services Manager in achieving all team objectives
What we want – someone who is/has:
Knowledge and Experience:
- Three years’ experience of working in a customer services environment within the travel Industry (desirable)
- Experience of managing a small team
- Experience of dealing with and resolving complaints and involvement in the decision making processing for awarding compensation.
- Experience of managing and exceeding customer expectations.
- Understanding of developing customer service standards and team guidelines.
- Experience of mentoring and coaching others.
- Exceptional customer services and administration skills.
- Excellent communications skills, written and interpersonal.
- Good team leading and development skills.
- Good organisational, planning and prioritising skills.
- Good decision making and problem solving skills.
- IT Literate
- Ability to build rapport quickly and empathise with a customer.
- Ability to deal with customers and external contacts in a professional, confident and assertive manner.
- Ability to prioritise tasks and work to deadlines.
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as part of the team.
- Ability to inspire others to high levels of performance.
- Ability to remain calm and patient under pressure.
- A positive and enthusiastic approach to work with a dedicated and flexible attitude.
- Ability to take ownership of their own performance and development.
- Ability to support and model the Viking Values
- A willingness to work a 5 day over 7 days’ shift system.
- A willingness to attend Viking’s events in the UK (a few days per year).
What we offer
- A competitive salary package
- Contributory pension scheme
- Private health insurance
- Cakes and treats on your birthday
- A gift on your yearly anniversary of starting Viking
- Fun social events and Christmas party
- Opportunity to attend Viking events and sponsorships- this year, our team have done ship visits, Chelsea Flower Show, Greenwich Music Festival, Hampton Court Flower Show and Opera Holland Park to name but a few!
- Beautifully refurbished offices based in Wimbledon Parkside
- Onboard familiarisation trips
- Comprehensive induction and ongoing development programmes
- Promotion opportunities – as we grow we want you to grow too!
- Friends and Family discount on our product
We operate 7 days a week and you would need to be able to work a 5 days out of 7 shift pattern. The team currently work an average of 1 or 2 weekends a month. The hours of work are between 09:00 and 19:00.
We will invite short-listed candidates to attend for interview at our office.
To apply for this role, please click on "Apply Now"