Magnetic North Travel is an independently owned specialist tour operator offering tailor-made holidays in Scandinavia and Canada. We’re looking to recruit a Finance Manager with travel industry experience who will manage the day-to-day finance function for the business and help to drive future growth.
We’re a small team of eight so the ideal candidate will be looking to work in a small business environment and be prepared for a varied and fast-paced role. The ideal candidate will have had experience in a similar role ideally with ATOL and IATA dealings and used to working with multiple currencies. The role will report directly to the Managing Director and will initially be up to 24 hours per week.
- Ensure accurate entry of transactions
- Assist with quarterly VAT returns
- Work with the accounting team to meet reporting deadlines and responsibilities
- Prepare monthly management reports
- Setting and managing budget information
- Check invoices and pay suppliers
- Manage currency requirement and multiple bank accounts
- Manage client payments and credits
- Liaise with the book-keeping team to manage reconciliations
- Compile reports for ATOL
- Identify cost savings where appropriate
- Adhoc projects as needed
Skills and experience:
- At least 3 years experience in a similar role
- Excellent eye for detail and problem-solving skills
- Excellent accounting knowledge
- Excellent communication skills
- Comfortable using Xero accounting package
- Comfortable working in a small team and desire to help drive growth of the business
- Experience working with TOMS an advantage
We can offer a competitive salary based on experience, along with 24 days annual leave (pro-rata), a flexible family-friendly work environment and the possibility for home-working. Our office is based on a country estate between Leicester, Nottingham and Melton Mowbray in the United Kingdom.
Please apply by sending a cover note and CV to email@example.com providing details of your salary and schedule expectation. This role is intended for applicants who are able to work in the UK.
Deadline: 19th August 2019 (interviews will be held the first week of September).