Customer Service Manager
Ski-Lifts is looking for a highly motivated and talented Customer Service Manager to join the company at an exciting time of expansion and growth.
Who we are:
Ski-Lifts is a leading transfer booking agent acting as an intermediary between transfer suppliers and customers. Launched as Ski-Lifts in 2005, our talented team and custom in-house system enabled steady growth in the ski industry and other sectors such as golf and cruise. Our business now provides transfer coverage in 24 countries and 300 resorts.
Now is an exciting time to join our business, as we have identified some as yet untapped opportunities in the lucrative transport industry, we are well positioned to embark on an ambitious plan to scale up booking volumes in even more markets over the next three years.
We are a UK and French-based company, with our operations office in the French ski resort of Morzine and our UK head office in the heart of Manchester.
Customer Service Manager
CDI (full-time, year round contract), 40hour/week. Starting Sept 2019
Head of operations
Morzine, France, Manchester UK or remote working (travel to Morzine will be required)
up to £30,000 or €28,000 BRUT per year dependent on experience and location
Company share scheme. The opportunity exists to own equity in the business by actively contributing towards the company, exceeding its growth targets and ambitions
6 weeks holiday
As Customer Service Manager you will be taking on the full responsibility of the customer care department, reporting to the Head of Operations. You will be monitoring and dealing with all complaints, feedback and customer service issues, following pre-determined procedures to ensure that all are resolved in line with company SLAs. You will analyse statistics and other data and prepare detailed reports on your findings to determine the level of customer service your organisation is providing and identify areas for improvement. You will be responsible for ensuring excellent customer service is provided and promote this idea throughout the organisation. As well looking at implementing improvements to any areas that can impact on customer satisfaction.
You have a thorough understanding of customer service requirements within the transfer or travel industry with excellent communication skills (written & verbal), critical thinking and problem-solving skills. You are a highly motivated team player with outstanding attention to detail, strong work ethic, drive and persistence. You will adapt to differing situations, work well in high pressure environments have a good level of stress tolerance, with the ability to use your initiative and problem solve within time sensitive conditions. You have an intrinsically conscientious and collaborative attitude to work and teammates.
Your focus will be:
- Managing complaints and feedback from customers, clients and suppliers to ensure that all issues are dealt with and resolved in line with company SLAs
- Developing an understanding of the brand’s service levels and how these can be met across the business. How can we constantly exceed customer expectations?
- Identify and share any improvements to the customer service experience, to create engaged customers and facilitate organic growth
- Creating and implement effective customer service procedures, policies, and standards
- Developing customer satisfaction goals and coordinate and train any customer-facing teams in order to meet them on a steady basis
- Meeting agreed KPIs, tracking progress and reporting results
- Maintain accurate records and document all customer service activities and discussions
- Staying informed on the latest industry techniques and methods and how these could be applied throughout the company
- Showing initiative and make decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Setting a clear mission and deploy strategies focused towards that mission
- Recruiting, train and mentor new customer care agents as required, in line with company growth
- Liaising with other departments to ensure that; client specific complaints are resolved and raised with account managers as required, all refunds, credits and compensations are finalised with the finance department, all supplier compliance is in place, perform regular reviews and assessments of supplier performance
- Regular review of customer communications relating to transfer terms, terms and conditions and travel information to ensure the best customer service levels can be delivered
All Candidates should possess and demonstrate the following company values
- Empathy - Listening skills; Relationship builder; Understanding of customer, supplier and colleagues within our organisation’s needs
- Ambition – Competitive; Tenacity; Goal focussed
- Integrity – Honest; Reliable; Positive; Strong work ethic; Conscientious
- Expert - Take control of personal development; Search out answers; Challenges the established thinking; Constantly looking to improve
- Proactive - Positive attitude; Problem solver; Anticipates issues; Planner
Previous experience and knowledge
- Minimum 2 years’ experience within a senior customer service role
- Awareness of industry’s latest technology trends and applications
- Working knowledge of customer service software, databases and tools
- An understanding of our sector and the challenges faced from a service level point of view
- Proven excellent customer service and conflict management skills with ability to negotiate in high pressure situations
- Analysis of data and Statistics
- Production and presentation of reports
- Knowledge and skills related to various areas of travel industry (Ski, Golf, Cruise, Corporate etc)
- Fluent English to native level
- High level of spoken and written French
- Degree level education or relevant Customer Service Management qualifications
- Other European languages
- Diligence and ability to learn quickly
- Ability to delegate and manage tasks through to delivery at required standards
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to make quick, well informed decisions in line with company SLAs
Please note this Job Description can be adjusted at any time and does not reflect all duties of the role.