Sales & Operations Assistant - Temporary 6 months - Part Time
Sales and Operations Assistant - (Temporary 6 months - Part Time)
We are currently looking for a part time Sales and Operations Assistant. Previous experience working within administration and dealing with people either over the telephone, face to face or by email would be an advantage. Any previous experience in the travel industry would also be beneficial, but full training will be provided. This is an ideal position for someone who likes to multi-task and would suit someone who is:
• Highly organised.
• Friendly and helpful.
• Flexible and able to prioritise a changing ‘to-do’ list.
• Self-motivated and able to use their initiative to be proactive.
• Team player
• Computer literate and has a good standard of English with accurate spelling and grammar.
• Trustworthy and reliable.
• Has an eye for detail / accurate.
The Sales and Operations Assistant will report to the Senior Sales and Operations Executive.
• To assist the team in all aspects of organising tours including; preparing quote documents, itineraries and final tour packs. Preparing and dispatching letters of confirmation, invoices and receipts, securing ATOL certificates, preparing rooming lists, and passenger details, organising payments to suppliers etc. (Full training will be provided)
• To support and assist the team for booking; Airlines, Hotels, DMC’s, Cruise & Ferry companies, Attractions, Excursions, ground transportation companies, tour ambassadors, sports fixtures and programmes for groups. (Full training will be provided)
• Operational support
• To develop customer service skills, in order to progress onto direct communication with clients and suppliers.
• General administration to include; inputting data, photocopying, laminating, filing to assist the department.
• Working on the internal CRM system to add and update details, building the company database.
• Opportunities to attend supplier fam trips / educationals throughout the year (for example Disney Land Paris).
• Attend training courses where required on behalf of the company.
• Attend internal meetings where required.
• Back up Sales and Operational support to Sister companies
• Any other ad hoc duties as requested by management.
• As the Company expands and evolves, your job description and duties will vary in line within the changing needs of the business.
A basic salary of £8,600 commensurate with experience will be offered and reviewed annually in December.
Standard office hours are Monday to Friday from 09:00 to 17:30.
The working hours for this role will be 10am – 2pm, Monday to Friday with a 10-minute break for lunch.
Occasionally evening and weekend work will be required to assist colleagues at promotional events, exhibitions and matches. (Full Training would be provided).
During the week, any time worked in the morning or evening beyond the standard working hours, will not be paid.
A day off in lieu will be provided for Saturday/Sunday working, as advised by the Line Manager and subject to staffing rota. At the discretion of the Line Manager, ‘paid’ overtime may also be considered instead of the day off in lieu.
A minimum 22 days per annum, increasing to 28 days according to length of service, pro-rated accordingly plus bank holidays will apply. Holiday requests will need to be completed and submitted to the Line Manager via our online system. At least one month’s notice should be given, where possible, to arrange appropriate cover.
• A workplace pension scheme - following three months of continuous service.
• Free on-Site Parking
• State of the art offices
• Travel discounts on selected products and services