Overseas Director (UK & Ireland)
The Malta Tourism Authority is receiving applications for the position of Director UK & Ireland, based at its office in London.
Malta is an English speaking island nation located in the heart of the Mediterranean. The country is the smallest member state within the European Union and a member of the Commonwealth. According to the World Economic Forum, Malta is rated the number 1 country in the world for the level of priority given to tourism by government. Its capital city Valletta was 2018 European Capital of Culture. Malta is a year round destination. The UK and Ireland combined generates 25% of all visitors to Malta.
Reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer, the main responsibilities of the role are as follows.
- Manage a small team of six as well as a portfolio of support agencies
- Promote Malta as the destination of choice to consumer, M.I.C.E and trade audiences
- Act as the figurehead for Malta within the UK travel and tourism industries
- Manage a multi million Euro marketing budget to maximise returns for the Maltese taxpayer
- Develop and manage campaigns across all advertising, PR and sponsorship channels
- Manage the MTA activities across available fairs and events
- Negotiate and manage joint marketing agreements with trade partners
- Work closely and effectively with the MTA team in Malta
- Be the main interface between the MTA and other Maltese government bodies, NGO’s and companies
The successful applicant will ideally be a graduate, with highly toned communication skills and a competent public speaker.
We seek a high calibre and well connected professional with extensive sales and marketing experience within the UK and Ireland travel industries.
To apply or seek further information, please send CV and covering letter by clicking "Apply"
The closing date for applications is 31st August 2019