Ticketing Executive - Galileo (flexible hours)
Ticketing Executive - Galileo (flexible hours). Are you looking to work for a progressive luxury travel brand that offers their Ticketing Executives an option to work flexible/negotiable working hours? Would you thrive in a dynamic organisation that truly values its employees? Would you enjoy a genuinely fast-paced role where no two days are the same? This Ticketing role offers a fabulous opportunity to join a rapidly growing company with real career development potential, the company also offers a great place to work with a fantastic vibrant culture. Due to growth within the operations department, our multi-award winning client is looking for a Galileo proficient Ticketing Executive to join their established team in central London.
Our client has recently introduced a new GDS and are therefore looking for an expert in Galileo GDS to assist with their migration.
Galileo Ticketing Executive Duties:
- Working within an established ticketing team, issuing CAT 35/25 fares, deal with re-issues, refunds, manage fares & airline contracts and distribution of CAT35/25 fares to specialist sales consultants
- Support Ticketing Manager with ADM’s, ACM’s and other BSP requirements
- Provide a help desk function to the Sales Team with sourcing flight routes and prices from contract rates, published airfares and third parties, ensuring competitive rates are achieved to maximise conversion
- Calculate costs for Flight upgrades, date changes, routings etc.
- Contact airlines to deal with lost ticket enquiries, schedule changes, fare queries, TODs and setting up PTAs
- Be involved in assisting specialist sales teams with complex fare itineraries and developing consultants’ knowledge on airfares
- Other general ticketing and operational duties include running reports on the bookings for the dispatch of tickets to clients
Now Let’s Talk About You:
- Experienced Galileo Ticketing Executive, who is used to working in a pro-active environment, confident in personality, delivering results and is able to meet ticketing deadlines
- Experience in issuing /CAT 35/25 fares, reissuing and automated MCOs
- Understanding of the airline industry, airline rules and regulations, airline partners
- Experienced in quality control check of all automated tickets to ensure any errors are identified and resolved, also experience in issuing and quality checking tickets according to agreed timeframes
Salary on Offer:
- The salary on offer is £24,000 - £28,000 per annum, DOE
- Option to work flexible/negotiable working hours
- Plus holiday benefits and travel industry perks, including complimentary Fam Trips to luxury holiday destinations
- This is certainly an exciting opportunity for an ambitious Ticketer who is looking for their next step on their career ladder
Sounds Like You?
If so, we’d love to hear from you!
Important, Please Note: It is unlawful to employ a person in a UK-based role who does not have permission to live and work in the UK. You should make yourself aware of how immigration laws apply to your situation prior to applying.