Product Executive – Sports Tours
At Rayburn Tours, inspiring young minds and creating unforgettable experiences is at the heart of what we do.
Group travel specialists since 1965, we are an independent, family-run business based in Derby. Our ever-growing team of over 100 employees is dedicated to creating tailor-made, international trips for over 23,000 passengers each year. Specialising in educational trips, ski trips and sports tours for schools, as well as concert tours for all types of youth and adult ensembles, we aim to inspire our groups to seek adventure, embrace other cultures and learn new skills.
Our sister company, Venture Abroad, offers activity holidays for uniformed youth groups (such as Guides and Scouts) and works closely with the Trefoil Guild to provide an event management service for their Annual Meeting.
We organise a comprehensive package which is comprised of travel arrangements, accommodation, excursions, full itinerary planning and insurance, as well as a multitude of tour-specific extras including organising venues and publicity for concert tours, fixtures for sports tours and study handbooks (linked to the National Curriculum) across a wide variety of subjects for educational tours.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Sports Tours Product Executive & Fixture Co-ordinator to join our team. This role will require you to work closely with our Product Manager in order to assist with the management and development of our Sports Tours product portfolio. This role will also incorporate co-ordinating and developing the fixtures for our sports tours and assisting our Tour Co-ordinators with booking these.
After initial training, the successful candidate will be responsible for assisting the Product Manager with:
- Managing and developing supplier relationships.
- Undertaking negotiations with suppliers to secure contracts and optimal net rates.
- Managing supplier information and data, providing analysis when required.
- Monitoring and analysing our products against our competitors
- Identifying opportunities for new products.
- Developing new products
- Delivering training to operational departments on new and existing products.
- Identifying and addressing potential supplier and product issues.
- Undertaking destination and accommodation inspections where appropriate
- Develop a network of international clubs for our Sports Tours groups to play
- Assist our Operations team in selecting and booking the most suitable international clubs for each travelling group
It is a full-time position (37.5 hours per week, Monday – Friday) based at our Head Office in Derby. The Company operates a Flexible Working Programme for all full-time staff which enables a choice of one of 4 bands to work per week. The bands are:
Band A 08.00 – 16.30hrs
Band B 08.30 – 17.00hrs
Band C 09.00 – 17.30hrs
Band D 09.30 – 18.00hrs
The start date is immediate and is therefore dependent upon the successful candidate’s notice period.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
You will have previous experience working in a product position within the travel industry. The role is suited to those with strong analytical and administration skills.
Essential Skills & Experience:
- A passion for travel and sports
- Experience of working in a product department within the travel industry.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A positive, enthusiastic, pro-active approach and the willingness to be hands on.
- The ability to use own initiative.
- Commercial acumen and able to identify opportunities.
- Strong negotiation, analytical and IT skills.
- Ability to travel overseas when necessary.
- Driving licence
Beneficial Skills & Experience:
- Fluency in French, Italian, German or Spanish
- Experience in group or sport travel.
- Previous Health and Safety auditing experience.
- A basic salary of £18,000 - £24,000 (dependent upon experience)
- A bonus scheme based on Company Net Profit
- 24 days holiday per year (increasing with length of service to a maximum of 27 days) in addition to all public holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Cycle to Work and Healthcare Cashback schemes
- Flexible Working Programme
HOW TO APPLY
Please post or email a copy of your CV along with a covering letter stating:
- Your current role and salary
- Where you saw this vacancy advertised
- Why you are a suitable candidate for this position
Applications should be addressed to Katie Boyden and posted to:
Joint Managing Director
Rayburn Tours Ltd
37 Brunel Parkway
or sent by email by clicking "Apply"
Closing date: 11th October 2019