Hours of work: Alternating shifts:
3 days per week from 9am - 5.30pm
2 days per week from 10.30am - 7pm
1 day on alternating weekends from 9am - 1pm, (either Saturday or Sunday as required)
Location: Elstree, Hertfordshire
Salary Banding: £20,000 - £22,000
Looking for your next challenge in travel?
Want to work with a true market leading tour operator?
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Reservations Agent to join our friendly and professional Call Centre team.
As Reservations Agent you’ll be responsible for converting enquiries about our fabulous holidays into sales so being able to take a consultative and empathetic approach towards our guests’ needs is essential.
As Reservations Agent, you’ll be responsible for:
- Managing large amounts of inbound and outbound calls in a timely manner
- Responding to enquiries through Live-chat and email
- Selling holidays and seize opportunities to upsell products when they arise
- Providing a consultative and empathetic approach to client’s needs
- Building sustainable relationships and engage customers by going the extra mile
- Meeting personal and team qualitative and quantitative targets
In return, you can expect:
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive health benefits package
- Generous holiday allowance
- A work life balance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free car parking
- 1-week free familiarisation visit at any of our country houses for you and your family plus up to £50 for travel support (after six months service)
- Exclusive HF discounts on flights and UK and worldwide holidays for you, your friends and family
- Exclusive discounts at several high street outdoors equipment stores
- Cycle to work scheme
- Charity events, Summer socials and Christmas parties
As Reservations Agent, you’ll possess:
- Pleasant and professional telephone manner
- Customer service focused and an enthusiasm to succeed
- Consultative and empathetic approach
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Good time management
- Flexible and adaptable approach
- Professional appearance and demeanour
- Ability to work autonomously and from own initiative as well as part of a team
A little bit about us
We are a multi -award-winning travel and hotel company and the UK’s largest walking & outdoor holiday provider, operating in over 70 global locations. With more than 100 years’ experience, we’re a co-operative society, owned by our 40,000 members.
Our team of 500 people work together to provide exceptional holiday experiences that inspire friendship, fun and an active enjoyment of the great outdoors. That’s why more than 60,000 guests trust us to arrange their holiday each year.
Join us and you’ll find a professional, welcoming environment that encourages you to learn new skills, celebrates your achievements and enables you to build a rewarding career.
For a full job description and to find out more please visit our careers pages. Alternatively, please send your CV and cover letter by clicking "Apply Now", we’d love to hear from you.
Closing Date: 30.09.2019