Operations Manager - Travel - Brighton - Competitive salary
This British travel company specialises in arranging short-term clinical placements for healthcare students in Peru, Ghana, Zambia, Tanzania, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Cambodia, Vietnam, The Philippines and Indonesia. They directly employ local staff teams in each of their destinations to arrange hospital placements and operate their own accommodation - helping them to offer industry-leading standards of customer service and support.
With twelve international programmes in 2019, and sustained sales growth, they continue to expand the number of destinations they offer. In line with this growth, they are looking for a capable and experienced professional to join the team to work in their Head Office in Brighton, and take full ownership and remote management of two of the established overseas programmes.
The role is extremely varied with scope to make important decisions from day one. For the correct applicant it will provide many exciting challenges, opportunities and exposure to facets of international business.
Proven ability in project management and in managing small teams remotely is essential, and experience of living and working in the developing world would be highly desirable. Dealing with customers daily through phone and email also requires confident customer service skills. The role will include international travel.
Operations Manager - Key Responsibilities
- Remote management of two overseas programmes, and staff teams
- Pre-empt and troubleshoot any problems and issues that arise on the programmes to ensure the high level of customer service expected
- Manage relationships with overseas partners, including hospitals, accommodation and government institutions
- Provide personalised support to customers during their preparation before travelling
- Research and implement new development opportunities and improvements for each programme
- Hire and train new overseas staff when necessary
- Manage budgets and accounts and to take full operational and financial responsibility for the success and growth of each destination
- Work closely with sales and marketing staff to promote the destinations in their recruitment countries
Operations Manager - Skills and Experience
- Degree Educated
- 3 years experience in a challenging role which will show ability to manage teams and projects
- Well travelled, ideally have lived overseas. Expereince of work overseas in a position of responsibility
- Proven experience of Project Management
- Direct expereince of managing a small team including training and appraisals
- Solutions driven andself motivated
Don't keep a good thing to yourself
We grow our business through referrals, so please don't keep us to yourself. If you think we're doing a good job and know of someone who would benefit from our services, please pass on their name and number to me and I promise we will follow it up. Many thanks.
C&M Travel Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all candidates. For more opportunities, please visit www.candm.co.uk