Product Account Manager
You'll love PetsPyjamas, Number 1 for Dog-Friendly Travel.
Job Title: Dog-Loving Product Account Manager
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000 (based on experience) + competitive bonus structure
Reporting to: Chief Product Officer
Location: Warehouse offices in Shoreditch, London EC2
Rapidly growing PetsPyjamas is the number 1 for dog-friendly travel in the UK and Europe championing the trend for dog-friendly travel. Launched by the founders of toptable(dot)com who are themselves passionate dog owners, PetsPyjamas sends people and pets to over 4000 dog-welcoming hotels, hound-friendly hideaways, cottages and B&Bs. Our unique Pet Concierge Team provide a personalised experience to our ever increasing pack of dog-loving travellers and our mission is to encourage every property to provide as warm a welcome to our four legged friends as they do to us!
Our dog-friendly HQ is a converted warehouse in the heart of Old Street, housing a vibrant entrepreneurial team who are dedicated to driving the brand forward. With a growing workforce of 35+ we are at a pivotal breakthrough moment for the business, with huge expansion and growth plans for 2019 and beyond. Being part of the PetsPyjamas pack offers the opportunity for enriched personal development, rapid career progression, all whilst working in an exciting, engaged and energetic environment - with the added bonus of your four legged friend working by your side.
We are currently on the lookout for a talented, proactive and forward thinking Product Account Manager (High-end luxury hotels & cottages portfolio) to join the Properties Team to optimise/maximise business and revenue with our partner properties, predominantly hotels. Whilst excellent relationships are vital, the main purpose of this role is to ensure high revenue is achieved through strong negotiation and active sales techniques. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is keen to be part of a high performing, results based team.
- Improve property performance by securing exclusive packages, availability and competitive rates.
- Improve margin by securing properties marketing spend for newsletters, digital campaigns and the quarterly Pet Travel Edit.
- Regularly negotiate commission rates to improve margin.
- Improve the number of properties connected through various channel managers, i.e. Siteminder, to improve instant book ability.
- Keeping up to date with competitor and industry activity to ensure we are constantly producing attractive and competitive offerings.
- You will be the first point of contact for all existing properties and will regularly communicate with them to help improve their performance with the ultimate goal of achieving higher revenue.
- Provide data driven marketing reports and reviews to property partners.
- Advise and guide properties to ensure they are inline with the PetsPyjamas ethos and truly understand what “dog-friendly” means to our customers with a focus to help increase dog-friendly rooms.
- Be the main escalation point for major complaints/issues concerning properties, i.e. regular customer complaints, low availability issues, price discrepancies etc.
- Regularly reporting to the wider team, including key stakeholders in the business.
- Deliver engaging product briefing and training alongside the New Business Executive for our sales team on a regular basis.
- Visit existing properties to ensure standards are inline with PetsPyjamas brand and help improve B2B relationships.
Experience and skills required:
- At least 2 years previous experience in a similar role - preferably travel, hospitality or service industry background
- Understanding of hotel distribution, rates and inventory management.
- Successful experience of senior-level negotiation with the ability to build strong relationships in a fast manner.
- Target driven with a desire to meet and exceed goals whilst working towards tight deadlines.
- Resilient with a ‘never back down’ approach.
- Analytical and data driven with strong commercial insight and attention to detail
- Innovative, cutting edge and up to date with current competitor and industry trends.
- Effective prioritisation, initiative, time management and self motivation skills
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills via telephone, face-to-face and email.
- Comfortable working independently whilst having a collaborative approach working alongside different departments.
- Familiar and comfortable using Content Management Systems such as HighRise.
- A deep understanding of the PetsPyjamas customer and brand.
- Ideally have your own car and driving license with a willingness to travel to our hotels.
The PetsPyjamas Pack:
Being part of the PetsPyjamas Pack is being part of an energised and enthusiastic team! It’s being flexible in your proactive approach, being able to work collaboratively whilst thriving on independence. You’ll need to be agile, open to change, hands-on and ultimately love our brand!
- The chance to bring your dog to work!
- The chance to truly make your mark on fast growing and unique company!
- Fast progression and personal development opportunities
- Weekly fresh fruit deliveries.
- Cool and trendy workspace, great Shoreditch location!
- Prosecco Fridays!
- Regular socials from crazy golf to rooftop bars!
- Tight knit team of like minded individuals!
- Occasional and diverse wellness sessions such as yoga, mindfulness & meditation.
If you could you could be the paw-fect fit for our team then apply with your your cv alongside a cover letter.