Travel Consultant - Part time (3 days per week)
Travel Consultant - Part Time (3 Days a week)
We are looking for an experienced Travel Consultant; your 'people skills' will be just as important as your formal qualifications. We will look for a good standard of written and spoken English. Good communication skills and a friendly personality are essential.
Enthusiasm to work with people either over the telephone, face to face and by email would be required. Must has the ability to work to chronological deadlines and to work as part of a team. You will need to have good attention to detail and be computer literate.
The Travel Consultant will report directly to the Assistant Manager and ultimately to the Shop Manager.
Requirements - The following attributes will be required:
• Own transport beneficial but good public transport is available close by.
• Previous experience working in a retail travel agency.
• Previous experience using Amadeus, would be an advantage.
• Excellent customer service skills and able to build a good rapport with customers.
• Excellent sales and influencing skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Planning & organising skills.
• Strong communication skills (written and verbal) and excellent telephone manner.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Good attention to detail.
• Solid understanding of worldwide geography.
• A respectable team player willing to assist colleagues.
Duties & Responsibilities -
• Checking holiday availability.
• Booking package holidays, tailormade travel, cruises. Coach tours, European Rail and National Express.
• Brochure housekeeping.
• Booking coach tickets on the internet.
• Meticulously checking paperwork and tickets, before sending to passengers.
• General shop administration.
• Ad hoc duties supporting the Group businesses, as and when required
A basic salary of £11,000 commensurate with experience will be offered and reviewed annually in December.
There will be an initial probation period of three months. Once you have passed your probation a one-month notice period will be required. Should either party wish to terminate the relationship within your probation, under 1 month’s service no notice period is required and 1 month up to successful completion of your probationary period a 1-week notice is required.
Standard shop hours are Monday to Friday from 09.00 to 17.30hrs and Saturday from 09.00 to 17.00hrs.
The working hours for this role will be 3 days a week as standard, working a Monday, Tuesday and one other day in the week as agreed. We are ideally looking for someone who can be flexible and cover extra days as and when required to cover holiday and sickness. The Travel Consultant will be required to work 2 Saturdays a month, a day off in lieu will be provided during the week when working a Saturday, as advised by the Line Manager and subject to the staffing rota.
During the week, any time worked in the morning or evening beyond the standard working hours, will not be paid.
For weekend overtime beyond your contracted hours, a day off in lieu will be provided for each full day worked. At the discretion of the Line Manager, ‘paid’ overtime may also be considered instead of the day/s off in lieu.
A minimum 22 days per annum, increasing to 28 days according to length of service, pro-rated accordingly plus bank holidays will apply. Holiday requests will need to be completed and submitted to the Line Manager via our online system. At least one month’s notice should be given, where possible, in order to arrange appropriate cover.
Holiday would be pro-rata for a part time position.
A workplace pension scheme will be offered after three months continuous service
• Free on-site car parking
• Newly refurbished office
• Discounts on selected travel services
• Excellent travel opportunities including the chance to cruise
Apply for Travel Consultant - Part time (3 days per week)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly