Operations Manager (Mon-Fri)
Operations Manager. Our client is a small luxury tour operator, offering tailormade holidays to destinations all around the world. Reporting to senior management, the Operations Manager role will provide hands on leadership and ensure the business is maintained to a high standard, develop a winning culture, drive company performance and help achieve the company’s overall goals.
The company seek applicants with experience of Operations management within the travel industry. People skills and the ability to motivate are essential, as is an eye for detail, excellent organisational skills and finding innovative ways to problem solve and think outside the box. You will be the hub between all departments and will ensure the smooth running of the company.
Your job will include:
- Assessing, managing and developing office processes and procedures so that they are simple, efficient and accurate thereby ensuring the smooth running of sales from cradle to grave
- Managing the smooth running of the office systems and technology, sourcing solutions, sourcing new 3rd party suppliers
- Being responsible for the training of new staff in office systems, procedures and processes and being the “go-to” for questions that new team members may have in how to use those processes and procedures
- Meeting regularly with Management to discuss suggestions for improvement, provide feedback and updates on the general running of the office
- Monitoring enquiry levels, distribution of enquiries, assessing travel trends and reporting on these
- Liaising with clients on matters relating to their holiday enquiry and booking including concierge requests
- Managing and quality controlling all documentation
- Managing an operations assistant, quality controlling their work and providing continual support, assistance and training to them
Now let’s talk about you:
- Management experience of delivering operational improvements within an established travel business
- Confidence, charisma, a 'big-picture' & inclusive management style with proven leadership skills are all very important
- Experience of working successfully in a travel environment and 'leading from the front' will be critical to the success of the candidate in this demanding role
Salary & Working hours:
Our client is looking for an individual with experience of managing travel Operations with the above skill sets and a willingness for professional growth within their ambitious and growing Travel Company. There is an excellent salary package on offer DOE, along with KPI bonus and benefits. This is a 9am-6pm, Monday to Friday role.
Sounds like you?
If so, we’d love to hear from you!
Important, Please Note: It is unlawful to employ a person in a UK-based role who does not have permission to live and work in the UK. You should make yourself aware of how immigration laws apply to your situation prior to applying.