Ultra Luxury Travel - Senior Private Travel Advisor (9am-5pm, Mon-Fri)
Ultra Luxury Travel - Senior Private Travel Advisor (9am-5pm, Mon-Fri) An exceptional opportunity has arisen to join one of the world's most original and creative travel companies. This company's reputation is founded on challenging the status quo and thinking differently. By focusing obsessively on their HNW & UHNW clients, and applying uncommon originality and insight, our client creates uniquely transformative and legacy-rich journeys and travel experiences.
Working within a dynamic and friendly team, the role offers considerable scope for someone with impeccable travel credentials to develop and take ownership of one of the company's key regions. The role is ideally suited to an intelligent, self-motivated professional looking to develop their creative skills while challenging conventional notions of luxury within travel.
- A minimum of 3 years' experience in a sales or product role within luxury and/or adventure travel
- Passion for and a willingness to travel
- Outstanding destination and product knowledge globally - particularly in Asia or the Americas
- Exceptional inter-personal skills and the ability to relate to HNW and UHNW clients
- A refusal to accept commonplace ideas and solutions
- A genuine appetite to research and create highly differentiated ideas
- Uncommonly creative big-picture thinking and problem-solving
- Proven staff management and team development experience
- Systems and process development - CRM and CMS oversight desirable
- A genuine can-do attitude, enthusiasm, open-mindedness, integrity and sense of humour
- Impeccable organisational and administrative skills, and a tenacious attention to detail
- Excellent numeracy, written English and the ability to weave information into an engaging story
- The flexibility to travel in the U.K and overseas to meet clients or attend events
- A willingness to become involved in areas of the business outside your immediate remit
Principle Duties & Responsibilities:
You will have direct responsibility for creating and managing bespoke trips according to your regional specialism, as well as leading the company travel advisor department and sales processes.
- Creating incomparably original, creative and considered travel experiences for clients in line with the company's brand values
- Manage a team of 2-3 travel advisors to achieve and exceed business targets
- Leadership in creativity and inspiration for client projects, marketing ideas and materials
- Oversee company sales processes and CRM systems development
- Communicating with clients by phone, email and, on occasion, face to face to discuss travel plans and present itineraries
- Conducting extensive research to develop often logistically complex ideas into client trip concepts
- Briefing local partners to develop itineraries that meet our clients' briefs, and analysing and refining partner proposals and quotations
- Briefing internal or external writers to create travel concepts and detailed itinerary proposals
- Trip management and guide liaison before and during a client's trip, including being available as a contact outside normal office hours
- Managing local partner relationships in your area of regional expertise
- Researching and travelling to new destinations to deepen the company's knowledge
- Building the company's knowledge base (photography, destination intelligence, country overviews etc.
- Working with local partners and tourism boards to develop content to be promoted through our client’s various marketing channels
- Monitoring competitor activity in your area of regional responsibility
- Representing the company at events and trade shows in the UK or overseas
- Ensuring WIP reports and database notes are accurate and up to date
- Monitoring of professional standards (personal organization, punctuality etc.
Whilst your primary responsibility will be for a particular global region, you will be expected to be sufficiently flexible to assist with client management and trip planning in other regions when necessary.
For the right candidate, further opportunities exist to develop corporate business through strategic brand partnerships.
The Excellent Package:
- £32,000 – 37,000 p.a. basic (dependent on experience)
- Generous uncapped commission scheme (Realistic OTE of more than £55,000 p.a.) Additional payments based on new business partnerships generation
- Other benefits: Two weeks expenses paid travel per annum for research and familiarization purposes Regular inspirational and educational thought-leader guest speaker training sessions
- At times, the role will require international travel for attendance at travel trade shows, to meet with foreign partners or for research and guiding purposes
- Membership of the Royal Geographic Society
- Membership of the Abundance Digital Community
- Working hours: 9am – 5pm, Monday to Friday, with one hour for lunch
Sounds Like You?
If so, we'd love to hear from you!
Important, Please Note: It is unlawful to employ a person in a UK-based role who does not have permission to live and work in the UK. You should make yourself aware of how immigration laws apply to your situation prior to applying.