Group Financial Controller – Watergate Bay Hotel, Beach Retreats and Another Place
3 days left
- Full Time
Based in North Cornwall the Group comprises of – Watergate Bay Hotel, Another Place Hotels and Beach Retreats.
Watergate Bay, situated on the coast in North Cornwall is a 73-bedroom hotel with restaurants, bars and a surf school. Inspired by its location, the hotel has developed an ethos of ‘active relaxation’ which is at the heart of everything we do.
In 2017 the team behind Watergate Bay launched a new collection of hotels, Another Place, with the same relaxed, active and social ethos, the first of which Another Place, The Lake, is located on the shore of Ullswater in the Lake District.
Beach Retreats completes the family of brands and is a fast-growing self-catering agency based in Cornwall.
With ambitious plans for growth across all 3 brands, this is an exciting time for our business.
We believe happiness can come from the simplest of things. Being with the people that matter, having a moment to relax, feeling fresh air on your face or sharing good food and good conversation.
It’s helping guests find those moments of happiness, away from the complications of the everyday that makes us who we are, draws the right people to us and sees them go far.
Working with us means sharing a way of thinking and doing things – an outlook on life and an appetite for growth that drives us all in the same direction. We know that friendship, connection, flexibility, variety and challenge make our jobs mean more, and we’re always listening.
Reporting to the Finance Director, this role is pivotal in supporting the Group’s strategy and growth. Leading the day to day functions and statutory responsibilities of the Finance Team and supporting in implementing changes and improvements to support the growth of the business.
- Leadership, motivation and management of the Finance Team, overseeing/reviewing sales ledger and income functions, purchase ledger, payroll, treasury activities and all general ledger entries
- Ensuring financial processes, systems and controls are operating effectively and taking the initiative and leading on driving changes and improvements
- Establishing and implementing financial reporting systems to comply with relevant regulations and legislation
- Developing and documenting processes, policies and controls to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Leadership and improvement of month-end and year-end close processes
- Ownership and delivery of all aspects of the monthly management reporting packs, including commentary and analysis
- Managing cash flow by tracking transactions and preparing and reviewing meaningful cashflow reports
- Maintaining accurate, timely balance sheet reconciliations for all entities
- Ensuring all fixed assets and capital projects are treated correctly
- Leading on all aspects of day to day banking relationships and requirements
- Ensuring VAT, PAYE and all Tax compliance, working with external professionals as required
- Examining all relevant financial reports and data closely to improve integrity
- Proactively, providing the Finance Director with timely and accurate financial information
- Liaising with external auditors and preparing audit packs
- Preparation, review and filing of statutory accounts, liaising with external auditors as appropriate
- Ensuring that all financial transactions are properly recorded and reported
- Maintaining statutory records for the businesses
- Reviewing all financial plans and budgets regularly to look for cost reduction opportunities
- Assisting the Finance Director in preparing and presenting reports to senior executives, operational teams, stakeholders and board members
- Supporting the Finance Director and Executive Team with other ad hoc workstreams
- Collaborating with the Group Financial Planning and Analysis Manager and other team members to ensure business plans and forecasts are meaningful
Job Skills & Requirements
- Qualified accountant (CIMA, ACCA, ACA)
- Exceptional team leadership and engagement experience
- Minimum of two years’ experience at Financial Controller level with a thorough knowledge of accounting principles, procedures and controls
- Experience with preparing financial statements and working with external auditors
- Good understanding of PAYE and VAT
- Previous hospitality industry experience preferred
- Excellent communicator who can tailor message delivery to a variety of customers
- Ability to work well with others and at times independently
- Consistently deliver on commitments, despite challenging timescales and competing priorities
- Ability to project manage improvements and changes effectively
- Proactive, hardworking and results driven
- Ability to influence and learn in an ever-changing environment
- Willing to suggest new ideas and always looking for ways to improve the way we do things
- Positive, “can do” attitude
- Proficient Microsoft Excel user
- Excellent accounting software user with good administration skills
- Excellent career prospects in an ever-expanding organisation
- Special rates for you and your friends & family to stay at Watergate Bay Hotel
- Staff discounts on treatments in Swim Club
- Free surf lessons and free use of surfboards and wetsuits from the Extreme Academy
- Social events throughout the year
- Candidates should provide a short cover letter and CV to email@example.com before the closing date of 30 September 2020.
- The initial shortlist will be completed by 9 October.
- Shortlisted candidates will be invited to an initial on-line chemistry meeting during the week commencing 12/10.
- Final shortlisted candidates will be invited to a half day assessment in late October.
Apply for Group Financial Controller – Watergate Bay Hotel, Beach Retreats and Another Place
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly