Head of Logistics
- Contract Type
Head of Logistics
Competitive salary/ Bonus
No agents please
The JG Travel Group is a leading provider of group travel offering exciting and diverse value for money tours, ranging from short breaks, classic seaside resort holidays, heritage tours, London theatre breaks, Sporting, Family and Tribute breaks, and European holidays, including Cruises, through a number of distinct brands. A private equity backed business with plans to further develop and expand, we are looking to recruit an exceptional hands-on and experienced Head of Logistics.
Reporting to the Director of Product & Operations, this exciting position will play a pivotal role in the management team, to influence and steer the company’s future activity and growth, by ensuring the highest quality operational planning and delivery for all tour itineraries. The role will be responsible for operating a streamlined and efficient process for all transportation arrangements including coach, feeder, ferries, flights and rail to the high standards our customers expect, whilst maintaining strict cost control throughout.
We are looking for a strong, highly organised logistics’ expert, with exceptional management and contracting skills. You will ideally have detailed knowledge and experience of the travel sector with a high level of negotiation skills. The right candidate will have first class customer service delivery experience, with a solid grounding in airline, rail and coach contracting. Specific accountabilities include:
- Manage the daily running of the Logistics’ department ensuring the 7 day a week rotas, cover weekends and out of hours shifts are fully planned in advance as demanded by the scale of customer movements.
- Set individual performance targets for each member of the Logisitics’ team; coach and motivate them to achieve the highest standards of accuracy and efficiency.
- Negotiate and contract the services of quality, reliable and co-operative coach and feeder suppliers in budget and ensuring sufficient geographical coverage, and within budget.
- Manage and negotiate to ensure the liveried fleet is at the agreed optimum size and quality.
- Plan and organise the Company’s transport and feeder vehicle requirements effectively and efficiently.
- Manage and negotiate contracts with airline, ferry and rail suppliers.
- Ensure optimum levels of service, reliability and co-operation from all transport operators through the effective enforcement and review of Service Level Agreements.
- Ensure the quality of transport and drivers meet with the Company’s standards at all times and drivers are motivated with the right skills and tools to enable them to provide the best possible service at all times; furthermore lead the “Drivers Academy” programme to new heights.
- Ensure the delivery and management of coach interchanges are carried out efficiently, cost effectively and to the highest standards.
- Ensure all tours, itineraries and operational systems are delivered in a seamless and efficient way, ensuring the customer receives the optimum experience possible.
- Ensure operator legal compliance/ health & safety standards are maintained at all times.
- Monitor customer feedback and report both good and bad via monthly reporting to suppliers, and take any appropriate action in respect of negative feedback.
- Working with the Customer Services’ team, minimise customer complaints regarding transport/ service delivery, minimise customer compensation paid out and claw-back compensation from suppliers where necessary. In addition, play an active role in the weekly Quality Control meetings.
- To ensure the administration process to support the transport and tour activity is streamlined and process efficient, whilst maintaining a high level of customer service at all times.
- Have a high level awareness of sales and product to follow trends that will impact logistics supply.
- Communicate proactively with your peers at the “Heads of Level” within the business and contribute to the delivery of the Strategic Plan.
- Be prepared to lead special projects when required.
- Assist in the recruitment of new staff and conduct annual reviews.
- Record and analyse statistics & performance in the Logistics’ department to create and deliver monthly reports to the Director of Product & Operations
- Regularly communicate with the Director of Product & Operations, ensuring he is always briefed and fully up-to-date on all Logistics’ matters 7 days a week.
The ideal candidate will hold a Management CPC qualification in PSV Operations and have demonstrable experience of strong networking and relationship-building skills. A strong planner and organiser with a sharp focus on costs and the bottom line, combined with the ability to develop and direct an experienced shift-based logistics’ team, this is a hugely exciting opportunity for someone to be part of shaping the future success of this company.
If you feel you have the relevant experience and attributes for this role please send your CV and letter of application to Helen Moylan/ HR Director by clicking "Apply" without delay.
Apply for Head of Logistics
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly