Chinese Head Chef
Well established restaurant group based in southern Spain is seeking a skilled modern Chinese Head Chef. Lead a large team to provide high-end Chinese cuisine for a new venture. 120-cover dining room in a stunning beachside location, in a major tourist resort. Shandong, Sichuan and Guangdong (Cantonese) styles of cuisine.
Initially there will be kitchen and menu planning prior to opening. Also, recruitment and development of team. Our goal is to become the premier Chinese restaurant on the Costa del Sol.
Our ideal candidate will be at the forefront of evolving Chinese cooking by combining traditional Chinese flavours with innovative cooking techniques; and respect Chinese tradition, but presenting food in a modern European setting.
- European working papers required. Relocation assistance will be provided.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in high-end/Michelin star or equivalent restaurants.
- Experience in a busy fine dining restaurant
We are offering:
- Approx 55 hours / week
- Excellent rates of pay and generous Tronc Scheme
- Meals whilst on duty
- Excellent food & beverage discounts across the group
As Head Chef your duties and responsibilities will include:
- Producing menus which demonstrates flair and imagination; with a view to change or create something new
- Managing a team of 10 strong Chefs and leading them through continuous training, briefings and tastings
- Overseeing the development food preparation; adhering to high standards and meeting the demands of the restaurant
- Kitchen Management: including food budgets and achieving requirements with respect to food sales and profit margins
- To take overall responsibility for food hygiene and health and safety within the kitchen: setting high cleanliness rules and practices
This list of duties is not exhaustive and additional duties may be required within reason for the better fulfilment of the role and the needs of the business
As Head Chef you will have:
- Experience working as a Head Chef for a minimum of 5 years in a similar restaurant environment
- Knowledge about Chinese and Asian foods
- Had a 'hands on’ role. It is important that you have excellent experience in all areas of kitchen and financial management
- Personal innovation and passion for quality food
- Strong interpersonal skills, excellent leadership ability and organisational skills
Interviews will be conducted via video-call and short-listed candidates will be interviewed in person either in Spain or London.
Expected start date: November/December 2020
Job Type: Full-time, Contract
To apply for this role, please click "Apply"