Home Farm Glamping – General Manager
We are looking for a talented, creative and self-motivated general manager to lead a team of 6 and look after up to 50 overnight guests at our hotel style hospitality venue. Creative sales and events experience are critical as well as experience in running bedrooms / food and beverage hospitality. This will be a coveted and unique role reporting straight to the owner and working in the beautiful Home Farm surroundings.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Love of the outdoors! This is essential for the role and with an active curiosity for nature.
- Innovation and creativity is an important skillset, along with being able to and ‘make them happen’. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate bringing creative sales driving initiatives to life and executing them flawlessly.
- High levels of empathy and communication to operate and manage cross functionally. You must have experience with managing a diverse team which includes multiple functions. Specifically for us this means managing maintenance, cleaners, apprentices, contractors and importantly managing upwards!
- Accountability and responsibility for profit. Ultimately, as General Manager, you will be accountable for the profitability of Home Farm Glamping and ensuring that revenue and profit exceed budget. You must demonstrate experience and knowledge with managing P&L’s, driving revenue successfully and controlling costs.
- A desire for outstanding hospitality is a core requirement. You must have a natural ability to look after guests and make their experience unforgettable, you must be able to pass this through your teams, your communication, behaviours and ultimately your overall leadership.
- A confident and empathetic leadership style. Decision making, problem solving, excellent communication and a desire to succeed as team are all core pillars of how we operate and you must be able to confidently demonstrate this balance.
- Passion for food. We believe that the food experience is as important as a sound night sleep. You must have had experience and be confident with managing chefs, running food service and above all creating special food memories for our guests.
Core Job Requirements
- Proven operational experience: to include rota management to budget, shift leadership and changeover, exemplary communication, stock control,
- Guest communication: manage the whole guest communication cycle from booking, to pre-check, check-in, check-out, and post stay.
- Supplier Management: manage relationships with suppliers, bring new suppliers on board for events, manage the overall operational process with new events.
- Event Management: experience with different types of events and organisation of events to a potential maximum of 300 people in the summer.
- Social Media: be able to use social media channels for ‘on the go’ and instant marketing, able to understand and deliver on the Home Farm tone of voice and brand style.
- Must be able to drive.
The package offered will depend on relevant experience and potential to fulfil the role;
- competitive salary from £35,000 depending on experience
- contract type – permanent, 45 hours per week over 6 days per week
- 40 days’ annual leave including bank holidays (glamping season is 1st April to 31st October, holidays can be taken November to March)
- bonus commensurate with performance
- pension scheme and life assurance package
Home Farm Glamping is an equal opportunities employer and we positively welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
Home Farm Glamping is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. As such, you may be subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure via the Disclosure & Barring Service and prior to taking up any role.
A shortlist of suitable applicants will be compiled shortly after the closing date and successful candidates will be contacted about the interview process.
About Home Farm Glamping
Home Farm Glamping is set in 150 acres of stunning fields and woodland just outside London. We’re London's nearest glamping site, located on farmland in Elstree just five minutes from the end of the Jubilee and Northern Lines. Relax and reconnect with nature and each other on one of our midweek or weekend glamping breaks. We also host corporate retreats, private gatherings and gourmet supper clubs.