Club Secretary – Sea View Yacht Club
We are a prestigious Yacht Club on the Isle of Wight. We are forward thinking and growing our family membership every year and now have over 1,700 members.
We are looking for a senior executive to lead all business activities within the club including budget management, managing the team, operations management (including F & B), social and sailing activities
We have a number of diverse business activities including:
- A vibrant members' summer season
- A very full members' suite of training courses
- A quality racing program
- We are an RYA Accredited Sail Training Academy
- An exciting schools training program
- A thriving chartering business
On the water we enjoy both racing and sailing our:
- Our fleet of over 200 privately owned Sea View One Design dinghies (this class, founded in 1931, is the largest locally built one-design dinghy class anywhere in the world)
- Large fleet of Club owned sailing dinghies including Optimists, Teras, Picos, Toppers, Lasers, Fevas, Visions, Buzzes and Dart 16 Catamarans
- Our fleet of Club owned, unique racing keel boats – the Seaview Mermaids
The Candidate will have:
- A strong leadership style
- The ability to lead from the front, and work as part of a small full time team with our Director of Sailing and House Management
- Great communication skills
- To communicate effectively with Members, Flag Officers, Charterers, staff, suppliers, and the local community
- Have a proven track record in operational management skills including:
- Financial management from developing budgets to delivering results
- Some food and beverage experience
- HR awareness and people management experience
- Understanding of and ability to deliver a modern and effective office environment including technology solutions and streamlined processes
- Ensuring compliance with all current Health & Safety and environmental regulations
An enthusiasm for the sea is highly desirable, but individual sailing experience is not essential.
This is a permanent full-time position based in Seaview on the Isle of Wight. You will need to live on the Isle of Wight for this position.
To apply, please send a CV by clicking "Apply" together with a short covering letter that explains why you are interested and why you believe you will stand out from other applicants.
Please provide details of your current position and renumeration.