Head of Independence Group
2 days left
- Contract Type
Hays Travel is the UK’s largest independent travel agent and we are looking to recruit a Head of Independence Group (IG) to our senior leadership team who will make a significant contribution to the business.
The Hays Travel Independence Group was formed in 1995 to provide independent travel companies with the tools and support necessary to run a successful business. Our members enjoy the best of both worlds - the support of a large travel industry organisation, without compromise to their independent status and identity
The core responsibility of this role is to be accountable for the performance of the Independence Group, as dictated by the boards overall strategy and be a visible figurehead for the Independence Group.
You will be responsible for building firm relationships with all Independence Group Members, working closely with key areas of the business and be required to develop strategies to hit or exceed targets.
• Grow the Independence Group organically, via new member acquisitions and take an active part in the recruitment strategy
• To proactively lead all operational areas of the Independence Group
• To deliver against set revenue targets and budgets
• Build relationships and carry out business analysis to identify areas of growth
• Liaise with key departments to ensure objectives are successfully met
• Design, develop and implement suitable strategy for the Independence Group
- Ongoing support for existing members of the Independence Group
- Attend and play a key part in the Independence Group conferences
- Drive sales of in house products through the Independence Group
• Values led and customer focused
• Experience of leading and managing teams
• Have the ability to hold and present at Board Meetings
• To gain new members through networking
• Seek to establish referrals from existing portfolio of members
• Highly skilled communicator with strong negotiation skills with a desire to build strong, mutually beneficial business relationships
• Highly analytical and commercial with a strong command and knowledge of business performance metrics
• Have a strong planning and forecasting ability
• Be forward thinking and a team player
• Be able to prioritise effectively and deliver within pre-agreed deadlines
• Have the ability to lead and develop staff members
• Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills
• Have the ability to be a successful participant in the Senior Leadership team that provides company leadership and direction
• Have the ability to interact effectively with the company Board of Directors
• Excellent organisational skills
Qualifications / Experience Required
• Experience of working in a similar role or have 5+ years’ experience working in a Senior Leadership role within the travel industry
• Be able to demonstrate a strong management track record showcasing your experience and having the ability to adapt to your audience
• To undertake any other duties that may fall into the job criteria
• To conform with all company policies and procedures including Health and Safety
• To treat all employees, customers and suppliers with dignity and respect
• This job description is not intended as an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities of the post but simply reflects the key areas involved.
To apply for this role, please click "Apply"