1 day left
- Contract Type
APPLICATION DEADLINE 9am MONDAY 1ST MARCH
Mission Kitchen are looking for an opening Site Manager, to play a central role in the successful launch of our flagship project at New Covent Garden Market. This role will be responsible for overall site performance, working across Hospitality, Sales and Operations. It will involve working very closely with the Mission Kitchen Founders and taking the key leadership role in the launch and growth of the New Covent Garden Market site.
The successful candidate will be a resourceful self-starter who thrives in a start-up environment, loves a challenge and relishes the opportunity to solve problems and make things happen. We are looking for someone with a proven track record of operating and managing one or more sites in a kitchen or hospitality setting. They should be highly motivated by bringing a new concept from idea to reality, and be excited by managing all aspects of operations and performance.
They will take ownership of the site’s overall success, ensuring all spaces are in keeping with operational standards and ensuring performance against KPIs. They will be an experienced leader and manager and get real satisfaction from managing, coaching and building positive relationships with people.
This role will require a skilled co-ordinator who can communicate effectively and often with people in supporting roles, the site team and the Mission Kitchen Founders. This is a management role, so effective time management and delegation will be essential, but the successful candidate must also be a ‘do-er’ ready to regularly roll their sleeves up solve problems on the ground.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The Site Manager’s priority will be the overall site and business performance at Mission Kitchen, New Covent Garden Market. Responsibilities will include:
- Taking responsibility for the overall performance of Mission Kitchen at New Covent Garden Market
- Reporting to the founders against Key Performance Metrics
- Hands on site management and being the duty manager responsible for kitchen operations on site
- Developing, implementing and improving all operating procedures across the site
- Ensuring member, visitor, staff and supplier compliance with site policies and protocols
- Procuring, negotiating and managing contracts with 3rd party suppliers
- Ensuring compliance with health and safety legislation, service level agreements and licensing laws
- Planning and overseeing maintenance work, equipment installations and site design changes
- Recruiting, training, leading and developing the site team (of 2-4 employees plus numerous occasional staff)
- Setting clear roles and responsibilities for the Mission Kitchen New Covent Garden Market team
- Performance management to ensure high levels of individual and team performance at all times, including delivery of appraisals and reviews
- Effective co-ordination of Sales, Marketing, Events and Education support resources at Mission Kitchen New Covent Garden Market and within the Mission Kitchen HQ team
- Carrying out investigations on any conduct issues
- Ensuring overall member satisfaction and building strong relationships with members
- Playing a key role in the overall membership sales process, identifying sales requirements, reviewing membership applications and supporting the contracting and on-boarding processes
- Managing and supporting the Community Lead to establish and maintain relationships across the member community, nurture a positive community spirit and handle customer complaints and queries
- Maintaining operational, statistical and financial records for all elements of the site
- Regularly producing up-to-date reports and business information for the Mission Kitchen Directors
Preferred Skills and Experience:
The ideal candidate should be able to demonstrate:
- Experience of managing a site of 10,000+ sq ft.
- Working knowledge of commercial kitchen equipment and kitchen operations
- Previously opened/launched a site
- Experience leading, developing and motivating a team
- Good understanding of the components of financial statements
- Excellent management of own and others’ time
- Understanding of good hospitality practices
- Experience managing in an independent operation (i.e. not a large chain)
- Experience with policy or procedure governance
- Strong knowledge of customer service and follow up communication
- Experience communicating with and reporting to a board of directors
- Developed and iterated operational systems
About Mission Kitchen:
Mission Kitchen is bringing co-working to the food industry. We create commercial kitchens and inspiring shared workspaces, built to help small food businesses grow.
We are launching our flagship site at New Covent Garden Market in May. It features 16,000 square foot of cooking, working, learning and dining space, including shared kitchens with flexible memberships, private kitchen units, office space, hot-desking membership, and a fully equipped training and development kitchen.
It will house a community of independent food businesses, offering them flexible access to quality kitchens, business support and mentorship, and membership in a community of other business owners and innovators.
We are an equal opportunities employer:
At Mission Kitchen, we are committed to treating all employees and applicants fairly and equally regardless of their gender, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour, national or ethnic origin, social or economic background, disability, religious belief, sexual orientation, or age.
'To apply, please head on over to the application page by clicking "Apply" to upload your CV and answer a few questions. Good Luck!'
APPLICATION DEADLINE 9am MONDAY 1ST MARCH