Adventure Travel Sales Consultant for Rwanda
Kingfisher Journeys is the adventure activity tour operator and DMC for Rwanda. Having been quick to respond and therefore relatively lightly impacted by the pandemic, Rwanda is open for tourism. With interest from retail and outbound business customers worldwide, Kingfisher Journeys is therefore seeking a UK based Freelance Sales Consultant to help the company respond to this opportunity.
This is an exciting opportunity to make a huge difference in Africa. You will be following up on priority leads and direct enquiries received on an almost daily basis from companies that range in size from small travel agents to the world's largest adventure companies. Drawing on your experience and understanding of tourism, and working with remote support from a team in Rwanda, you will design tours, build itineraries and convert sales to create many new opportunities for the company.
Whilst initially a temporary role, it could become a permanent role.
- Sales in an outbound adventure tour operator;
- Tour and itinerary design for the outbound adventure travel market;
- Ideally recent knowledge of tourism, tourist activities and the culture of Rwanda.
With the key objective of developing leads and converting sales, the main roles and responsibilities will be to:
1. Organise the company sales materials and processes:
- Prepare client facing trip notes for activities that are included during the company’s tours so that these can be used as a framework for multi-day tours;
- Using an online CRM, implement a sales tracking process for retail and business clients;
- Create a reusable framework for creating tour itineraries;
2. Connect with international travel agents and tour operator leads to:
- Develop sample tours, itineraries and quotations;
- Reach agreements for Kingfisher Journeys to operate tours on their behalf;
- On request, customise tailormade tours, itineraries and quotations and close sales;
3. Sell scheduled and bespoke tours to retail clients:
- Set up and manage the company's profile on various OTA platforms;
- Respond to live retail enquiries that are received daily, mainly from the OTA platforms;
- Track and assist clients to book tours
- Start date: 22 March 2021 or sooner by agreement.
- Temporary freelance role, for an initial three to six month’s duration.
- Working hours are 8 hours per day, Monday to Friday excluding public holidays.