General Manager - Brockworth Rugby Club
Reports to: Brockworth RFC Management Team
An exciting role has become available at a thriving Rugby Club in the heart of Brockworth.
Situated on the edge of the Cotswolds, Brockworth Rugby Club is the home to thriving senior Rugby and Football Clubs with associated Youth sections that are experiencing exponential growth.
Alongside this, a local housing development is set to increase demand for sports provision and the Club is in line to access new land and funding to redevelop or relocate its Clubhouse facility.
We are looking for the right person to join us on our journey and achieve our vision of becoming the sporting hub of the community, with first class facilities for its associated Clubs and the capability of hosting functions and events to serve the Community.
The Brockworth Rugby Club Management Team are looking for someone who can take the reigns of the operation, working with them around promotions, staffing, events and encouraging ideas around future business opportunities. Full support would be given to the chosen applicant regarding training and development.
• A passion for delivering an excellent customer experience
• Ability to run, lead and manage the daily operations of the Club
• Experience in managing and reviewing budgets and P&Ls
• Atmosphere Management – delivering what suits the club / time of day / day of the week at ALL times
• High Health & Safety knowledge, COSHH, experience of running a safe operation and meeting the Licensing objectives
• Train, lead and motivate staff so the business runs the same whether you are there or not
• Stock Management – delivering an interesting range while maintaining GP’s and yields
• Plan all rotas in line with budgeted targets and forecasts, taking the necessary action on a daily basis to reduce or increase hours in line with sales.
• To take full responsibility for the set up and effective operation of the Rugby Club within Rugby Club policy at all times.
• Enforcing the Club’s Code of Conduct
• To ensure the management and monitoring of all procedures implemented to deal with COVID-19 on an ongoing basis.
• Managing non-compliant customers.
• Carry out any duties as instructed by the Management Committee.
• Must have a presence in the Rugby Club – A strong personality is a must
• Be able to analyse and interpret numerical and written information
• Flexible, proactive, strong work ethic
• Experience of a pub / club environment
• Be a fit and proper person
• Have a fixed place of residence and live within a reasonable distance
A salary of £25,000 -30,000+ awaits the successful candidate who will live and breathe this successful grassroots rugby club with big ambitions.
Please email your CV and covering letter by clicking on Apply Now.