Food and Beverage Manager
We are looking for an experienced Food and Beverage Manager to join our team. This is a senior management position and therefore commands a level of responsibility for overall service levels, financial reporting, staff recruitment, training & development. You will be supported by an Assistant F&B Manager which we may recruit with your help.
Knowledge and passion for great food and drink is essential as is excellent customer service. You must be happy to work evenings and weekends and be totally happy to go the extra mile for our customers. The majority of our events are large scale weddings and therefore experience within a similar role is essential.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Working closely with the kitchen staff/head chef to ensure banquets are delivered on time and to a high standard.
- Services that you will oversee include breakfast for up to 40 and banquets for up to 200 as well as the bar.
- Conducting meetings and menu tastings with clients, following up using our CRM software.
- Ensure the smooth running of F&B service at all times.
- Creating rotas each week to ensure appropriate staffing levels.
- Controlling costs and meeting GP targets.
- Cellar management, including stock ordering, deliveries, rotation and barrel preparation.
- Have a full and confident understanding of what we do and how we do it.
- Create a welcoming, positive and friendly environment for clients and colleagues.
- Ensure good communication between other HOD’s and your team.
- Ensuring safe working practices and compliance with Elmore Court hygiene, H&S instructions and regulations.
- Be willing to be part of the team and perform other duties if required. Be willing to get stuck in.
Key Skills and Requirements
- We are one of the country’s leading wedding and events venues and as such have a very high standards of customer service.
- You will need to have a genuine passion in hospitality with excellent communication skills both written and verbal, be highly organised, numerate, proactive and approachable.
- You will need to work effectively under pressure and lead your team.
- Education in sales, hospitality and/or food management – Desirable
- Educated to degree or equivalent – Desirable
- Maths and English GCSE - Essential
Experience / Knowledge
- Previous experience of effectively managing large scale banqueting events and/or weddings
- Sound knowledge of wines and some Sommelier experience would be an advantage
- Previous report and budgeting experience in a similar role would be useful
- Knowledge of special dietary requirements
- Previous experience in customer service is essential
Skills / Abilities
- Strong F&B hospitality experience with an eye for detail
- Experienced in recruiting, training and managing a team
- Extremely well organised and hard working
- Computer literacy essential- we use Apple Computers so knowledge of that would be good.
- Love and passion for local and sustainable lifestyles.
- Ability to deal with sensitive information with discretion and to maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Excellent team working skills with the ability to work collaboratively and co-operatively with colleagues.
- Prepared to work evenings, weekends and shift patterns that the business requires.
- Gregarious, diplomatic and the ability to work under pressure.
- You will need to hold a driving license and have your own car as public transport connections are almost non-existent.
Salary and hours
This is a full-time role (i.e. 5 days a week) mostly from Wednesday to Sunday and often late at night.
Starting basic salary will be between £30K and £35K depending on experience. You will be eligible for performance related bonuses.
How to apply?
There are three things you need to do.
- Send us your CV as you would for most applications.
- Make a video of yourself no longer than 2 minutes long and tell us about yourself and why you’d be great working at Elmore Court.
- Send both the CV and a link to your video to us at email@example.com.
We are expecting considerable demand for this role and suggest applying for this role as soon as you can.
We are looking to fill this position by May 2021.
If this sounds like you then please get in touch. We have a great team and are really looking forward to some new folks to join us!