House Manager (Duty Manager)
3 days left
- Contract Type
As the House Manager you are responsible for leading the team within the entire building, across all departments, to deliver the highest quality of customer service throughout and oversee the day to day running of The Oaksmere, alongside the General Manager. You will be coaching and guiding the team, ensuring all systems and protocols are followed to the high standard expected.
Your Role & Responsibilities
- Effectively managing and delegating the team to provide an extremely outstanding customer experience.
- On the job coaching, training, and motivation across all departments
- Working closely with department supervisors, including attending weekly head of department meetings
- Ensuring you and the team are providing exceptional guest services such as check in, check out, local recommendations, answering the telephone, assisting with reservations, general guest relations. Using guest booking notes to go above and beyond what is expected to ensure a five-star customer experience.
- Ensuring the ambience is correct throughout the building, cleanliness, lighting, music, scent, the appearance of the team. This includes bedroom checks prior to guest check in.
- Overseeing opening and closing check lists, to ensure the premises is ready to receive guests and for the next team of staff to arrive to an organised and ready to operate department.
- Effectively handling and logging and customers, people, building and produced related issues that arise.
- Responsible for the Health and Safety of the building and ensuring a safe working environment, i.e., Food Hygiene, Fire, Licensing and General Health and Safety.
- All team members are adhering to company culture
- Assisting the General Manager and acting as their proxy
- Act as an ambassador for the company, both on and off site
- A confident and charismatic people person who enjoys interacting with people and making guests feel happy
- Natural presence – customers easily recognise you as the manager
- Very enthusiastic and knowledgeable about the brand and it’s offering
- Able to multitask and balance the needs of customers, at the same time as not letting service standards dip
- Has very high standards
- Proactive, fast working, able to react and deal with issues in a fast paced environment whilst instilling a sense of calm when under pressure
- Experience using booking systems and POS, good with handling financial transactions, reconciliations, open and close downs and cash up procedures.
- Team player and willing to get involved across all departments, wherever needed
- Attention to detail and self-disciplined
- Not afraid to give feedback, but able to balance this with being a likeable person
- Ability to train and coach on the job, someone people gravitate towards because of their knowledge
- Able to read body language to nip potential problems in the bud, and able to effectively deal with complaints there and then as well as follow up
- A great passion and knowledge for/of food and drink – e.g. product, recipes, allergens, able to make coffees, cocktails and recommend wines.
- Knows the local area, has a keen interest in going out to eat and drink, cultural events and generally knows what’s on
- Have a business mind and are able to maximise revenue without compromising on exceptional customer experience.
- 360 vision throughout service, in all areas.
- You must be dedicated, reliable and willing to bring your own personality and creativity to work, whilst working under the guidance of the General Manager and alongside head of department managers and all team members – as a part of The Oaksmere family.
- Staff discount
- Free onsite parking
- Free food whilst on shift – part of the family meal in restaurant briefing.
- Uniform provided.
- Excellent TRONC system
- Staff socials, rewards for excellent job performance
- Live in available if required
Previous experience in a similar role essential, if you do not have all of the experience we are also taking on a number of front of house roles, including bar staff, restaurant staff, food and drink runners and cocktail bar team members.
To apply for this role, please click "Apply"
Apply for House Manager (Duty Manager)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly