Asia Pacific Sales Specialist
True Travel True Travel is a luxury tour operator based in Chelsea, London. We believe True Travel to be one of the most original and creative travel companies in the industry.
We are looking for an exceptional Asia Pacific Sales Specialist to join our team of experts; someone passionate about travelling with positive impact in the luxury sector and someone who is ambitious to become a key part of an expanding team. As we grow further, opportunities will arise for you to develop your career within the company.
The Role: Asia Pacific Sales Specialist
The Asia Pacific Sales Specialist will take ownership of all processes involved with selling a holiday. They will have exceptional product knowledge and an enthusiasm to showcase and develop their knowledge. They will be a brand guardian at all times, ensuring consistency and driving brand messaging. To be successful in this role, you will need to demonstrate that you are organised, efficient and creative.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a sales role within luxury travel
- Outstanding knowledge of the Asia Pacific region
- FAM trip experience throughout Asia Pacific (including Japan, Indonesia & SE Asia)
- Confidence to sell Europe/Middle East if required - Great interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with U/HNW clients
- A genuine can-do attitude, enthusiasm, open-mindedness and a sense of humour
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent numeracy and creative writing skills
Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to;
- Assess and convert enquiries with varied budgets, produce verbal and written quotations, review travel documentation
- Communicate effectively with international suppliers, develop strong relationships and negotiate competitive contracts
- Support marketing initiatives to promote your sales region; including mailshot & newspaper production, social media, PR, events and website management
- Meet clients in person and virtually (confidence to present on video calls essential)
- Proactive approach to tackle issues that may arise; identify and implement solutions in a timely and professional manner
- Work towards personal and team sales targets to meet annual KPI’s
- Engage in daily Asia Pacific sales report, discuss pipeline progress
- Exceptional product knowledge of the Asia Pacific sales area through first, and second, hand exposure as well as personal research
- Knowledge and sales ability across the True Travel destination portfolio
- Self-driven, with a strong sense of ownership and accountability, working flexible hours and occasionally at the weekends when enquiries demand it
- Competitive basic salary with incentivised performance based bonus
- 23 days annual leave per year (exclusive of bank holidays)
- Work travel opportunities representing the company
- Personal travel benefits
- Contributory pension scheme
The Application Process
Please send your CV and a cover letter detailing your specific sales experience and travel knowledge to Peter Fisher by clicking "Apply"
The closing date for applications is Friday 9th April.
Please note that we are looking to fill this role immediately, and so applications received before the deadline are highly encouraged.
We will start the application process as they are received and are prepared to offer this role to the right person before the deadline closes.
Round 1: Based on your CV and experience, we will provide you with content and task you to create sample itineraries and quotation emails showcasing the requested content. This should be used to demonstrate your sales and product knowledge, as well as your creative writing ability and eye for corresponding images.
Round 2: We will invite you to a virtual interview where we will review your task and go into further depth on your experience. This will be your opportunity to ask any queries you have about the company and role.